The Revolution: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I think if GH shows ANY ratings growth with the new regime, it's safe for the end of the year. Katie is as expensive as a soap and they'll be heavily promoting it and it needs a strong lead-in. If GH is pulling decent-good ratings and on budget they'll use it to launch Katie. Then once Katie is stable they can cancel GH next year. Unless they pull an NBC and just go with one soap.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If GH does build up enough then perhaps they could just put it on hiatus for a few months until The Revolution's contract ends. Then they could put GH in The Revolution's timeslot (assuming they won't move Katie).

I just wonder what the level is before ABC says enough with The Revolution. It's stopped bottoming out hasn't it?

• Members

It is not. I can hear in my head years and years' worth of free ticket bumpers on talk shows. This is essentially casting extras under the guise of audience members. And they need to drop the pretense of fresh faces and just go with whoever is willing to show up. I've noticed people in The People's Court who've sat in for a few tapings.

Archived