OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw Cordero, you're still too good for Clint, the Bukes and Tina, too. I so wish this man found some woman half as loyal as he is. I don't believe Clint is irredeemable but suffering a heart transplant hasn't erased his sins. I dearly wished he would have befriended Shane and that was his road to redemption.

Still too much campy crap at the Mannings and Téa is the only one trying to talk sense. I hope Starr gets arrested and really faces fear of going to Statesville. I want that smug look wiped off her and RHTodd's faces. I side with Blair on this one, don't make promises you can't keep, RHTodd!

AW continues to out-act JPL. Why isn't Ghost Gigi haunting Rex for being such a lousy father instead of this Stacy crap!

• Members

What I question is if the show even feels he needs a redemption. Do they feel that the only "bad" thing Clint did was being mean to Rex, and that now that he had some heart problems and has accepted Rex, it's all gone? The story with Matthew and Nora was stupid, and destructive, but it still happened, and other than those scenes where Clint confessed to the murder (which seems irrelevant at this point since Matthew is long gone), it's all been washed under the rug.

I mean, should we really feel - why is Cord being so mean to Rex, isn't it nice that Clint is defending his son?

I have said this way too many times, and I apologize for that, but you don't HAVE to have everyone be a happy family. Breaking a family apart is better than this awful half-death. If they want to have Clint become close to Rex, or Clint (and Viki) enable Jessica as she runs a bulldozer through Llanview, that's fine, but there's no reason why they have to keep people like Cord, or Natalie, or offcamera Kevin and Joey in the family. I would much prefer that the ending of the show be these people officially going their separate ways. At this point the family that Clint and Viki built has been so destroyed and I don't believe the people involved would continue to keep up the pretense. It takes enough for me to believe Viki would give Clint the time of day after what he did to Nora and Matthew and Shane.

Archived