OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meanwhile, I am happy to report that Barbara Rhoades, who was born in 1947, is only ten years older than her on-screen daughter, Andrea Evans (Tina).

Yeah. I knew Victor liked 'em young, but that is just ridiculous.

• Members

Oh yeah. The writing is not in-character. But Barbara plays what they give her well.

And I don't say this to be mean, but BR looks old enough to be Tina's mother, regardless of how old she acctually is.

Bea Arthur was younger than Estell Getty, too. Wow, that was random and unnecessary. I'm drunk.

• Members

THis pisses me off to NO end. First, Tina should have explained that way back when Vicki first kicked her out--and now to still not bring it up? Tina, who is meant to mention anything she can to try excuse and explain herself, fails to mention the number one reason (and one that's genuine??) WHA?

I don't think it's so much a retcon as merely RC hoping we don't remember.

• Members

Holy sh!t that scene with Irene shooting Todd was comedic gold. RH's lines and delivery before she shot him was the first time I've enjoyed the return of comedian Todd since Rogr returned;outside of the mom and lunch line. I do still miss Trevor's Todd a great deal.

RC can't write Tina to save his life.

• Members

Not sure if anyone is interested but I compiled who was in 4 or more episodes each week since the beginning of August (except for one short week). Everyone can see who the show eaters are.

August 1-5

4: Blair, Dani, Tea, Todd, Victor, Viki

August 8-12

5: Todd, Tomas, Victor

4: Blair, Destiny, John, Nora, Starr, Tea, Viki

August 15-19

5: Todd, Victor

4: Blair, Cutter, Natalie, Rex, Tea

August 22-26

5: Kim

4: Bo, Rex

August 29-September 2

5: Brody

4: Blair, Jack, John, Rex, Tea

September 5-9 (no episode 9/5)

4: John

3: Blair, Cristian, Jessica, Natalie, Starr, Tea, Todd

September 12-16

5: Rex

4: Cutter, Dani, Jack, Kim, Todd

September 19-23

5: Natalie

4: Brody, Jack, John, Tea, Todd

September 26-30

5: Blair, Irene, Jack, Tea, Todd, Viki

4: Natalie, Starr, Tina

I know! Crazy right?

• Members

One reason OLTL is meant to be so cost effective, is the way they tape scenes (though some of those may have been due to re-writes, because that still seems an insane amount of time). I know one actor (but I can't remember who) said that it was a lot more work keeping story straight. Most oaps now tape out of sequence (probably all) to some extent, but the norm seems to be to still keep them within the week.

Archived