OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Members

It's been said that she never told anyone, the point is that she did. IMO, the relevant story is, will Viki finally forgive her. Need to add that a lot of people tend to jump the gun, there is always the chance she will bring it up.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't argue with you there. I believe it was written that way originally because it was written abruptly. Didn't the show let AE go because of budgetary reasons with her living on the west coast and OLTL not being able to afford for fly her back and forth?

As everyone, I hope VIki eventually comes down to earth.

• Members

She told Viki but she never told Cord. This week was the first time he confronted her about that and she just stood there and said nothing to defend herself by mentioning exactly why she did what she felt she had to at the time. Cord was ripping into her yet she left out the very vital component that she did what she did to protect his daughter. That should not have gone ignored.

• Members

No idea when that was taped LOL

4/8 Angel Square - Destiny, Matthew, Marty, Liam, Brody

5/3 Hospital ER - John, Natalie, Brody, Destiny, Matthew, Dr. Degroff, Shaun

3/21 - Todd's ICU Room - Tea, Danielle, Shaun, Todd (TSJ)

3/21 - Inez's Apartment - Deanna, Nate, Dani

3/21 (can't quite read this one but it makes sense) - Tomas's Jail Cell - Tomas, Todd (TSJ)

• Administrator

Loved Natalie/Jessica's fight!! They are so perfect when they're going at each other like that. :wub::D

Jack's evil grin when Starr was about to be arrested. :lol:

I'm really enjoying her campyness and over-the-top-ness. LOL

Todd: What was that sound?

Irene: That was the sound of your family....dying!

:lol:

• Members

I think Barbara Rhoades is doing OK, but I'm not sure why Irene became some sort of bad joke. It's the default mode. When Rebecca came back a few years ago, she was the same way. I guess it's to cover that these stories are made up as they go along.

• Members

The main characters on the show, like Todd and anyone around him, or Jessica, are so damaged psychologically that it's almost impossible to write for them. Instead of dealing with that, the show just makes it a joke. I guess I can see why they take the easier way, but you have to wonder if it's the best choice to turn a story about a child abusing sicko and his rapist sons into scenes that amount to ha ha, Barbara Rhoades is throwing her hair around.

• Members

I guess it's just me, but I don't know why some feel this show need to be all serious and dramatic. I love the over the top campiness. That's what makes this show stand out for me. I'm way over serious melodrama. The reason why I quit Y&R. I guess everyone can't be pleased, I'm loving the show and BR.

• Members

I don't need that, per se, but the show chooses to tell these stories. I can't blame anyone at OLTL now for the story about what Victor did to Viki, or Todd's old stories, but the rapemance, or the Tess/Ford stuff, or what Jack did to Shane, it's all so ugly, and it lingers in the mind when the show tries to pivot to campiness. If they had just stayed away from this entirely, then I wouldn't be as bothered. But they chose to do this stuff and then not really follow up.

Archived