OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That paternity test paper prop has been around forever, passed from character to character - at this point its so beat up I wouldn't be surprised if they have just used the same paper... but it could have it's own character page on the OLTL sites it's had so much airtime!

Marty carried that around forever, would always be reading it. Natalie even grabbed it from her at one point I think. I also seem to remember Marty mailing it to John and it lying around at the police station for a while... it's definitely been "around the block"... leaving it to Ms. David Vickers to move the story along, finally.

• Members

and the story becomes about the teen newbie with the parent playing a supporting role. She doesnt need a child that has story; the kid can be boring in the background popping up when needed as most soap kids should. She definetly doesnt need any teen kid right now. For someone who's watched her for decades and her struggle to want a child which she never felt she'd get, its a been a copout that we barely got a chance to actually see her be a mother once she got the chance. Giving her a 16/17 will completely skip over all of that. Im upset that GH never cast anyone both times she returned

• Members

GL got tons of good story out of Bill and Michelle when they were children and in their early teens. Far more than anything I've seen with GH and their teenagers in recent years. GH got a lot of story out of Robin as she was a child and a teen.

At this point I'm more concerned about Skye's threadbare characterization than anything else. Liza Colby was the same way, and look at what happened when they aged her daughter.

• Members

You know, I actually agree with this. you know skye is my favorite soap character out there. I've loved her through AMC, OLTL and GH! and when you put it like that...i totally agree. the struggle for a child was such an integral part of her entire story.but since RC seems unwilling to come back full-time, i wouldn't mind if down the line, an aged Lila Rae came to PC.

Archived