OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JMO, the warmth JVD infuses into the character even when he's acting like an SOB, has saved him for being totally irredeemable. I see his heart even when the writing says otherwise.

I thought RC was on the right with Viki asking what happened to the man I married twice and used to know... is he even in there anymore. Clint needed a long look in the mirror moment and a better job done repairing the damage he caused. It should have started with Matthew, I agree.

However, another wasted opportunity was for Clint to take having Gigi's heart more seriously... and reach out to lost, neglected and tortured Shane. I wanted Clint (the good father to Kevin & Joey persona) resurrected via Shane which would make up for some of his awful influence on a sadly comatose Matthew.

As for happy families? RC seems intent on writing the Lord/Mannings not as dark, twisted souls battling past demons but more like the bickering Quartermaines. Jessica and Natalie's fight at least tread on the real issues between them versus Viki vs Tina amounted to mainly the same old comedic snipes.

The one meaty scene was Viki vs Irene battling over which one of them Victor Sr exploited worse. More of Victor Sr's ugly legacy please and less campy silliness.

• Members

I think we're supposed to see that Rex lost his heart when he lost Gigi. Gigi is the real heroine who died protecting her child. Without her "good" influence Rex can't be a good father or man. Even I am surprised RC is painting Rex neglecting so much the troubled son who recently tried to kill himself. We know Shane is in trouble, our hearts and sympathy are with Shane over Jack so Rex not caring about Shane enough paints Rex as heartless.

Archived