OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's tough for me to even tell if we're supposed to see Rex as neglecting Shane. After all Rex is trying to find his true love, and so much of Shane's story has never been about Shane. The main thing with Shane is to make us feel sorry for Jack.

So now they've rewritten another story they wrote (the one about Tess threatening to kill Sarah). Is that because they don't want people to remember Tess as being that nasty, or they don't want people to see Tina in anything but a selfish light, or do they just not remember anything they write?

• Members

Marty gave Victor the paternity results before she got on the plane and made him promise to tell John (proof she was really really crazy). Victor told Vimal the truth one night when they were both drunk at Capricorn. Victor also told Jack. The paternity test was among a box of Victor's things from his office that were sent over for Tea to go through. David Vickers found the paternity test results on the bed and proceeded to chew (and gawd knows what else considering the pup's bladder control issues) on them. I think Tina made some kind of reference to the paper when she was talking to DV in her purse -- telling him not to tear it up. Jack Got DV out of the carrier/purse and let her outside, Tina picked up the purse thinking DV was in there but the test was. And there you have it. The paternity test is the new bag of blood.

• Members

I really don't see Shane being used to make viewers feel bad for Jack. That flashback was about poor Shane driven to desperation and violence by hatred of a bully who got away with killing his mom. Shane isn't a psycho out to hurt innocents. He wants justice, was denied and now seeks revenge. Shane's actions are even more mitigated by scenes of Rex neglecting him... the heart strings are tugged FOR SHANE not Jack.

JMO.

Archived