OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 26

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
she's an advocate for a breast cancer cure bc her mother had it but she to the best of my knowledge hasnt said she was dealing with that this summer(and she wouldnt hide it, considering her stance on the cause). She was just on B&B a few months ago and looked great. If she had cancer adn was undergoing treatment, I dont see her jumping from one soap to the next within ~3 months. Id want to see this article bc I havent read anything about that

• Members

You know we all act like back in "the good ol' days" the show was firing all cylindars and made of gold all the time. I don't believe that's true. I think we probably sat through a lot of mediocre days to get those "greats" and luckily it's mostly the "greats" we remember. I will remember this episode for a long time, in great detail.

• Members

This is the third or fourth rewrite in this story. They rewrote the night with Jessica and Ford about three times. They rewrote history to claim that John and Natalie were happy and together when she slept with Brody. It takes away the entire premise of this story - it was supposed to be about the characters feeling conflict. Now the show is basically saying that Natalie was happily ever after with John and then she had sex with a pig who happily dumped a child that wasn't his. What does that say about Natalie? And why is it that the show feels Brody not accepting a child based on biology is evil, but John doing the same is wonderful and we should cry for him?

It also makes any attempts to continue to have Jessica as the darling of her family seem like an indictment of them, because Jessica, in another dropped rewrite, basically said she was present throughout all the DID episodes, that she knew everything Tess did and she was fine with it. That means trying to kill Viki, killing her miracle baby with Nash, trying to kill Natalie and Jared, letting Liam be kidnapped (as Wes) - this was all Jess, not an alter.

• Members

I detest Tina, always have found her a total shallow twit but I was deeply disappointed we didn't get a scene with Tina hearing all the horrible things Irene did. Not a campy, farcical quickie OMG you're evil now mom quizical look?

Also, why hasn't anyone asked Tina do you even remember another brother your mom raised? It's like the elephant in the room this complete mystery of the twins childhood. Only Tina could provide some real answers at long last. Instead RC misses all those beats and goes for CAMPY quickie reunion instead.

• Members

There's definitely some truth to this--it's just like how I remember first going online in '96 or so, and everyone complaining how the soaps sucked compared to earlier--which could be true, but now many of us think of soaps from then as pretty good. I don't think though that is what many of my probs with RC/FV's OLTL comes from--but yeah, in hindsight we usually only remember the great stuff.

• Members

I'd say the soaps that were the worst in 1996 are still bad today when you go back and watch them - no one felt OLTL of 1996 was just horrific, I think they were mostly bored (aside from the story with Viki being hypnotized, which Erika Slezak continued to blast for many years). Watching 1996 again I think that criticism holds up. And I haven't even gone back to watching racist, bitter con artist Becky Lee.

I think the problems with the show at the moment are sort of like people dancing around a decaying building and hoping that the hand claps will somehow stave off the rotting structure. You will enjoy some of the show, but just remember to duck.

Archived