Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Avery vs. Phyllis is the best story on the show right now. In fact, it is really the only story. That's saying something, because everything else is so piss-poor and I cannot stand Phyllis (though she does have great hair).

• Members

I've been watching this show since the mid 80's and I still forget recent history on a regular basis. Now, it could be age, but I'm only in my 30's, so I think it's a lot more likely that the show is pretty forgettable these days. I freely admit that I've forgotten a lot of what went down with Chance/Chloe/Ronan/Heather.

Anyone notice that MTS has been taken out of the credits? Appearently, the bumpers too. I didn't notice the bumpers, other people pointed it out to me, but it does make me wonder what's happening with her.

I think perhaps she was sexually abused by her father and she doesn't want to bring it all up again. I bet he's alive and her mother never took her side.

• Members

I kind of disagree Y&RWorldTurner, I don't think Y&R is beyond repair or irreversibly damaged, it may be with the current regime, but ~ unpopular opinion alert ~, I can still watch the show and see some semblance to it's former self. It isn't perfect by any means, but to me, I think it still has it's core. Sure there have been some pointless deaths..BUT..I can still look at the show and see how it's still connected to it's past.

The only soap that is irreversibly damaged, is General Hospital. Its core is lost, and is so disconnected tfrom it's past that It feels like a completely brand new show from when I started watching in the mid 90's and from the clips I've seen and stories I've read from before that time.,

• Members

It still has many core characters but they've been warped & abused beyond being salvaged.

Victor is beyond redemption.

Aunt Jack is a joke.

Katherine is useless.

Jill/Nikki/Cricket/Lauren/Paul/Michael are irrelevant.

Victoria/Nick/Sharon/Billy are all totally destroyed.

Neil/Devon are marginalized & embarrassingly emasculated.

Nina/Olivia/Traci/Danny/Brock are glorified extras.

Adam (despite Muhney's valiant attempts at making the character work) is a thorough mess.

The less said about Giggly Heffa the better.

Not to mention the complete annihilation of legacy characters like Phillip, Kyle, Malcolm, Chance, Mackenzie, JT, Raul, Lily, Patty, Daniel, Abby, Noah, Heather & Chloe.

Or the legacy characters LML/Maria/Hogan unnecessarily murdered. Liz, Brad, Drucilla, Diane, John & Colleen.

Tucker/Sofia were debacles from the beginning.

Deacon was used better in his last year on B&B than he ever has been on Y&R.

And Y&R's constant propping of Cane above all is absolutely disgusting.

• Members
I'm interested in Devon's storyline, I'm also interested in where Billy is unfortunately, not as much Delia needing a bone marrow transplant. Ronan's storyline not sure what it is....snarking at his mother and chloe and another investigation?

Wondering where the Genevieve//Jill working at Jabot is going...will be glad when the Sharon trial storyline is over. Still waiting for the Malcom / Sofia/ Neil WTD storyline to finish out.

• Members

I've been keeping an eye on Devon storyline for awhile. I just started back watching Y&R last week just for his storyline.

Now the tricking part would be, would I still watch when CKLily finds her way into his storyline. Probably not, since she the

reason I stop watching Y&R in the first place. I might catch it on the computer, not sure about that one either.

• Members

I am in regards to Kay, but only if they introduce Devon into the Chancellor clan w/ Jill, Nina, Phillip 3, Chance, Brock etc etc. But do not want to see Neil replaced by Tucker like Jill has been. I'm tired of watching Jill babysit the Atkinsons with what little screen time she is allotted, while Tucker occupies her life and career. He needs to finish out the story and leave town.

Jill should be back at Chancellor Industries. The writers need to resume the story they have been telling since the beginning instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

I think it's all for Genevieve. My fingers are crossed that it helps Jill reclaim her life... we will see. Being sent back to Fenmores is like Nikki being sent to re-hab.

Archived