Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

LOL Sedrick.

The Devon/Tucker is so bad! (what else is new, all the stories are bad). So after months with no build up to "Who is Tucker's Son," it only takes a couple of episodes for the reveal to happen. And then there's an instant clash between father and son. Then the grandma swoops in and gives the grandson a brand new company. Come on! LOL

• Members

It goes beyond bad storytelling for me. I now don't have the ability to even watching 3/4 of the cast, either because of their poor acting choices, the fact that have so much power over the writers in how they want their characters written, etc. It is a horrible, horrible show.

• Members

This show is irreversibly damaged to the point where if Maria and her minions are fired, it would make no difference. There is nothing to save anymore, and it would take an excellent and meticulous storyteller to mend and reserve so much damage (which won't happen). They've made a mockery of the show (and the entire genre), the good thing is they're being rewarded with record low ratings.

The sad thing is, I don't think the Bell's, Sony, and CBS are even worried about the show's current low ratings trend and how unsatisfied the fans who still watch are with the show. Maria isn't going anywhere, and we know her husband won't fire her.

The show hit rock bottom a long time ago and this seems to have continued on no matter what happens. Clearly, no one is listening to the audience of this show.

• Members

Yep, we all know there are no new Y&R fans just new fans following "their actor" from other soaps over. These loud and passionate few want the Y&R's history, core family's , and characters re-written around their actor's character. They could care less if all the veteran actors are fired, and all the families retro-conned as long as their actor is placed front and center. As so it goes as a show millions love is destroyed to please those numbering in the hundreds (if that). . Threads galore over all message boards about the possible super spawn and Y&R savior, born of the union of Chancellor, Abbott and/or Newman blood and REAL parent of most of the children in GC. LOL

They need to stick with the legacy children, and go back to basics, I've watched from the beginning and it's just to much work to keep up with all the changes they have made in the last couple years. I've noticed the writers think so too, it looks like they have said the hell with it, whoever's on set is FAMILY today.

Archived