Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sony and Company need to seriously look at replacing Maria Bell as head writer (and Sheffer/Hamner) immediately. These three have ruined a once powerful soap, and relegated it to a plot-driven mess. Consistency of character used to be Y&R's hallmark. No more. This show has no heart. It's dark and depressing. It hit its lowest numbers in households ever this week, and it deserves to. Surely someone at CBS/Sony is concerned. B&B is also on the skids. It's still number two in households, but dead last in all the key demos, even behind canceled AMC and OLTL.

• Members

Watching during my nightly Y&R bonding time with my mother, I commented on how it was obvious that Devon was going to be Tucker's son because of his out-of-nowhere appearing on screen with more than one or two lines for the past several days. My mother replied "Honey, he's half white now, so he can be seen now in back-to-back episodes."

LMAOtongue.png

• Members

I love Devon, but I don't know if I like him as Tucker's son. I would have rather it be someone else. Maybe Daniel.

So they went out of the way to NOT show us who Paul was talking to the other day, because she was black and they knew that if we saw a black woman...that there would only be ONE choice haha.

Archived