DOOL: Fall Preview!

• Members

With a big reset schedule for September 26, new Head Writers Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. tease that the "journey into new Salem will include unexpected liaisons, romance, passion, and intrigue."

Marlena/John: Salem celebrates the couple's return on September 26. But John and Marlena's comeback will quickly be rocked by surprising twists. Thomas shares, "They're going to go through many trials together, but their love will stay strong."

Bo/Hope: Bo and Hope risk their police careers to uncover who is behind attacking hookers in Salem. When the culprit is revealed, it's a huge shocker. As the hooker case comes to a close, Bo and Hope find themselves thrown into a new investigation that has far-reaching implications and involves a leading Salem figure.

Carrie/Austin: The couple returns on September 26. Thomas asserts, "Carrie and Austin remain close, but they find themselves at cross-purposes."

Sami/Rafe: After the couple weathers Sami's medical crisis, Sami rejoins the workforce, and Rafe also struggles with a career dilemma. McPherson previews, "They will face unexpected challenges." Adds Thomas, "There is also a lightness coming to Rafe. We have some really good stuff for Galen Gering to play."

Jack/Jennifer/Daniel: Matthew Ashford returns as Jack the third week in September. Jennifer and Daniel's romance is at a pivotal stage when Jack "drops" into Jennifer's life again. "Jack is this fun guy who gets in his own way all the time," smiles McPherson. "When we though about bringing back Jack, we wanted it to be the Jack that the audience would remember."

EJ: EJ throws his hat into the political ring and announces his candidacy from mayor of Salem. "EJ wants to change the reputation of the DiMera name for his children," explains McPherson. Thomas adds, "This story will run through the fall."

Maggie/Victor: A fall wedding proposal from Victor doesn't mean that this couple will enjoy happily ever after. McPherson cautions, "There is sweet romance and love laced with a secret."

Madison James: Sarah Brown's Madison arrives in Salem on October 4. Says McPherson, "Madison has a past. Parts of it we will know. Parts of it we won't know. We wanted to have [a character in] a great romance with Brady and we wanted somebody who could be in a working environment with Sami."

Nicole/EJ: "They each find their own identities in this crazy mix of romance and mystery," offers Thomas.

Sonny: "Sonny is going to play a role in a very large story that we have coming up," says McPherson. "We're not at liberty to talk about it. But he will have a very big role in that story."

Quinn: Bren Foster's Quinn exits later this month, but returns by mid-October. "When we send him off, it was always with the plan of bringing him back," explains Thomas. "We just needed to give the character a break so we could bring him back in a positive way that would let us do with him what we wanted to do with him and give us potential for growth." McPherson adds, "We wanted to bring in a spa and we thought it would be a nice idea to play him." Quinn's return is inspired by the hairdresser that Warren Beatty played in the 1970s classic Shampoo. "Bren Foster is also very good at martial arts," McPherson discloses. "The spa that we'll be opening in the new town square is sort of a life spa. There will be self-defense for women and things like that. He seemed to naturally fit into that."

From DR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's John. He's the one beating up all the hookers (my guess). This is what all those years as "the Pawn," "Romulus," "Roman Brady," "Father John," and all his other aliases have covered up. Either that, or it's part of Stefano's plot to ruin him and have Marlena all to himself.

• Members

As long as it doesn't involve ectoplasm....

Literally. Jack literally drops into Jennifer's life, thanks either to a hot-air balloon or a bad parachute landing (probably on top of her and Daniel just before they have sex).

• Members

That bit about Quinn going from a pimp to running a day spa is making me scatch my head. I guess want to keep him around anyway they can.

I don't consider "Sonny's involved in this big story we can't talk about", a preview at all. I understand wanting to keep it secretive, but couldn't they at least have said something like "Sonny discovers he's not the only gay in town". At least that way your actually previewing something, without giving anything away.

• Members

I've actually found this board is more accepting of characters. It's the "other" board that can't stand the character or the actress, but their hatred for some characters goes over the top.

As far as who isn't included in these previews, I wouldn't read too much into anything yet. These previews really don't give away much in terms of story and what is going to happen.

At least they let Marlene and Darrell talk about the story and not Corday. smile.png

Archived