DOOL: Fall Preview!

• Members

Beautifully put. It's my concern too. Anytime a show tries to build on its "glory days", there is a problem. Time marches on and the canvas we have now is rich and intertwined. I'm really afeared for what comes next.

Firing the DH2 was one of the bravest things any show has ever done, and instead of meeting the predicted end, Days thrived without that top weight. My gut tells me Carrie and Austin will not be around long, which won't have me crying. But who else is going to disappear now so that the returnees can have the story they were promised? And are some characters going to have their "happily ever after" moment (which is the death of any character) so they can be put back on the shelf again?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is Carrie a slut? She turned to Mike when Austin put Sami before his own wife, felt bad, and before she left town in 1999 she and Austin made up completely for her mistake.

There are plenty of sluts in Salem. She's not one of them, no matter how much you hate the character.

• Members

I really don't understand the Carrie hate.

Just because she wasn't a psycho man obsessed liar and schemer, a village bicycle and a boozehound bitch who trampled on everyone, she's suddenly without any value?

She was written as a good girl, and Christie delivered what was decided for the character.

I agree that they could spice up the character a little bit more, like they did when she cheated on Austin, but she's not the worst character ever created for Days. *cough MELANIE *cough*

• Members

I could never get behind that one. SORASing is bad enough, but de-SORASing Mike with the retcon of their Horton/Brady history was too much.

For me there will only ever be one real Michael Horton - Michael Weiss - and one true love of his life - Robin Jacobs.

• Members

To DC11786: Great stuff. I wanna give Darrell and Marlene about six months before I fairly judge them. To be honest, I haven't seen a writing staff this excited about interacting with fans in a long time, even if most of them are trying to pimp their couples and tell them which characters to spotlight and which to get rid of (lol)...

Like Remos and I have said, balance is going to be key. Instead of spotlighting a few characters, make Salem feel more like a town and get everyone involved. If I can see everyone at least two to three times a week I'll be happy. What I'm concerned about now is if you're not one of the treasured supercouples, you're going to be exiled to Siberia or sent to the back burner. I don't want to see that.

Archived