DOOL: Fall Preview!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh yeah, you wouldn't exactly be yukking it up after tragedies like that, I will say this much. lol... I do miss Mark Hapka, though. I'd hope Marlene and Darrell would entertain thoughts of bringing back Nathan, if only because of the Horton connection (and yes, I'd bring Lucas back too!)

• Members

I was thinking the same thing. Either MEK or James Depavia as Mike. Erika Slezak is your ideal Laura and could play the part beautifully. Jamie Lynn Bauer is a good actress, but she wasn't Laura for me, even though she was only Laura I seen.

BTW, didn't the writers say they were revitalizing the horton family......no one from the family is return to the show.

• Members

Here's my question (because you aren't the first to resist the idea): Why? I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative. I'd just like to know what it is about MEK, as an actor, that makes the idea of him portraying Dr. Mike Horton so unattractive to some. Because, AFAIC, you can't beat a guy who can deliver humor and drama in equal measure.

JLB would have made a better Amanda Peters.

• Members

Its nothing at all against his talent because he has a lot.

I think its mostly because I have grown attached to past portrayers that I have a certain idea of who Mike should be. That's not to say he couldn't surprise me and blow my image of Mike out of the water. The age thing wouldn't bother me in the least either. If Roark could be Mike as much younger, anything is possible.

As for JLB...very talented actress as well but I couldn't stand Laura during her tenure. That's pretty much the fault of the writing though. All Laura ever did was scream and cry and gasp for air. I had to mute my television when she was on. I know that she was fresh out of the mental ward but they went overboard with the crazy.

• Members

Noticed that too, eh? Jack is the only one directly connected to the Hortons, but he's not one.

Hope is almost all Brady, and if Magic keeps going forward, Maggie is about be become Kiriakas. Jennifer is the only one who can keep it Horton, but that's only because Jack's bio family really doesn't count with regards to legacy families. For a family that big, surely they could have some returnees. Abigail shouldn't be the only one carrying the family torch into the next generation. (It also doesn't help that soaps are back in the 60's with women's names, and EVERY woman has to change her name upon marriage.)

• Members

Thank you for your response, Shawn. Please know I wasn't attacking you or anyone else before. Sometimes, though, I wonder whether people (well, some people, anyway) argue against casting certain actors because they believe they lack necessary skills, which is valid; or because they believe...something else - "I don't want Tad to play Mike Horton because he was so mean to Dixie on AMC!" - which isn't.

• Members

I agree, remos! John Martin did so wonderful as Bill to me and his chemistry with Lauren Koslow was awesome, I was hoping the writers would get him back on the show. I always imagine Bill, Marie, Doug, and Julie living in the Horton Home together after Tom and Alice's death. Its so much story to tell with Bill Horton surrounding Jennifer, Mike, Lucas, Kate, Will, Abby, and Jack. Marie and Bill could be used in the Maggie/Victor storyline, being objective of her relationship with Victor along with Maggie's girls. Can you imagine sweet Marie Horton bonding with Stefano and softening him up a la Rachel and Carl on Another World or even bring back Dr Neil Curtis for Marie.

• Members

David could work with this cast and could have been a good love interest for Carly or even played a part in Justin and Adrienne's break up. Sarah and Melissa could easily come into the Victor/Maggie story. Melissa could have been used before Adrienne came back to be paired with Justin and that could have played into the shows past history. Its story to be told with Sarah/Maggie/Neil. I dont remember that being resolved.

• Members

I find it completely ridiculous that Maggie Horton in a romance with Victor would not elicit some concern from her family mainly her own children. I think its utterly stupid that Sarah or Melissa are not around or planned on being brought on canvas in the midst of what is likely going to be a story I think is going to continue to get some focus. I realize they love to sell Melanie as Maggies sort of surrogate kid but it just rings false to me.

• Members

^Even just on a recurring basis. Just have Melissa come for a visits, give an update on Nate, perhaps hate Melanie causing tensions with Maggie, go to lunch with Jen and Hope, etc...

She doesn't have to have a story, but she is needed for current story and could add to others. I wish soaps handled recurring better.

Archived