DOOL: Fall Preview!

• Members

I don't believe he has ever turned it on. He signed off on the stories and kept Dena Higley. There was nothing different about this

show this year that we didn't see last spring/summer when the show started going off the rails completely. If the show improves its not because John and MArlena are back or Jack or Carrie or Austin it will be because of writing. This show was completely watchable and better for a time without any of these characters around for a good long while. Maybe if he had fired Dena HIgley over Whitesell earlier this year the show would have been better. I am just not ready to sing his praises because he gives the same spin every damn year

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes there is. In the past characters might not have been drawn as well as they should have been, but in this past 6 months to a year characters have become their basest selves without being rooted in logic. Chloe, an international Opera singer being reduced to prostitution? Rafe being replaced and no one can figure it out? Carly, EJ, Nicole, Brady and Taylor having romantic whiplash? (Dan…. Jennifer…. Bo….) Roman being a closed minded autocrat? Maggie and Victor playing push-me-pull-you? It just feels like the writing team stopped trying. They might not have been to everyone's taste, but at least it felt like there was an effort once upon a time.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT</p>

<p>Obviously I need to read post more clearly. My comments are for your original thought.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The rest I echo completely. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>(going back to my corner now and staying there until I learn to read properly)</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

Not really. Historically, of course. Dee, Alfonso & Reckell, RKK, Susan Hayes, amoung many, many others.

But from what i know, they dont have any. Sweeney shows up, does her thing, and goes off to one of her many other jobs for the most part. She and Scott do seem to have the most pull, but i assure you if Sweeney really got what she wanted and was controlling of it, this Sami Brady would not be on air. Scott is vocal and voices his opinions, but not the point of disrupting the set. he seems to make a meeting with TPTB and handle it there.

Not to say the cast is all bestfriends and will love eachother until their death, but they all get along or fake it and a lot of them are friends.

• Members

Half the time in interviews Ken Corday has talked out of his ass about stuff. These recent interviews have me believing he's really gotten it about Days being a mess in some places.

He wants to layer the stories in three distinct groups... the 30-something couples, the vets returning and the younger set (which is really the strongest younger set they've had in a few years, IMO)... and intertwine them in the stories. This will help, I think. Of course, we'll see if Corday and the writing team really stick to the plan.

I don't want Days to become the John and Marlena show, but if some fans get their way it will. That's when Days will be in trouble.

• Members

Of the three, the vets are usually the most vulnerable so we shall have to watch to see if that promise is fulfilled - or merely partially fulfilled by having it only about John/Marlena. In all my years watching soaps, the 30-somethings and 20-somethings have never been starved for story.

• Members

Although I like the entire cast, I have several favorite characters... but I don't want to see any of them on five days a week (lol). I know I said this earlier, but if Marlene/Darrell somehow found a way to have everyone on 2-3 days a week once the dust settles from the relaunch then I'd be happy.

Archived