DOOL: Fall Preview!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, she was incredibly unappealing. Didn't she leave town with Nick. the thug that was close with Eve?

If I remember right, didn't the same Nick "die" when his car went off a cliff? I was 6 at the time, so my memory is fuzzy.

• Members

I don't remember. I was in University by then and it was probably around mid-terms or finals….. or just way to boring for my attention. Nic, Eve, April…. all overrated. About the only one of that crew worth a second look was Emilio.

• Members

I'll get crucified for this, for sure, but when it looked as if AMC and OLTL were gone for good, I really, really, really wanted Michael E. Knight (Tad, AMC) to join DAYS as Mike (yeah, I know, he's fat, he's old, he has too much grey in his hair, so what, lol); and Erika Slezak (Viki, OLTL) to join as Laura. I just believed, and still do, that both would have been right for those particular roles. (Plus, it wouldn't have hurt to bring over some ABCD fans while revitalizing the Hortons.)

Okay. Shutting up now.

• Members

Shes a Hope, a Chloe.. a bore.

She doesnt suddenly have no value, she never had.

CC is limited at best.

And Melanie? Again? This is like the 50th time you have mentioned her out of the blue when nobody else is. There is a thin line between love and hate...

Exactly.

Thanks.

LOL, that would be reply to be honest.

• Members

Carrie isn't an exciting character, and I've never seen any actual talent in Christie Clark's portrayal of the role. She's just there and never adds anything.

Then again, none of the actresses this show constantly pushes in recent times (ex: Sweeney and Burnett) have anything special going for them in the acting or fleshed out character department.

And don't even get me started on Deidre Hall, who is the most dull, yet strangely over the top in her dullness, actress I've ever seen in daytime, orgasmic outbursts and all.

• Members

LOL, so glad I put my cup down before reading this. Agreed on all counts (though I do think Burnett has some wicked comedic skills that are rarely showcased).

Deidre Hall…. OMG. I often think of her and her BFF Jane Elliot, who has more talent in her baby finger than most entire casts have combined. I just hope DH takes notes.

Anyone remember when Carrie was actually played by Andrea Barber? Now she was a character, and had spunk. Even her picture shows personality.

barber2-sized.jpg

• Members

Remos, one thing I've noticed is that Melanie can be a downer, but Molly can be wickedly funny in real life. USE THIS ON THE SHOW!! You are right about the character(s) not being drawn out well at times, but I'll pin that on Dena. That's why I said I wanted to see how Marlene and Darrell write for everybody. It looks like what they're doing is picking up on the actors' quirks and working with them. That's what I like to see!!

• Members

Mel has been allowed to show her comedy a few times. I remember the scenes in Maggie's kitchen with Maggie, Victor and Philip discussing the purchase of a house. I was rolling.

But to be fair to the character, her 'one true love' is gone, her husband cheated on her, one BFF was killed while the other has become an alcoholic, her baby died, her mother is a drug addict and her father is the town sexomatic. Not a lot to laugh about there.

• Members

With all due respect JP, how is my bashing of Melanie different then your constant degradation of Hope? I don't see any variation.

As I said before, I concur that the character of Carrie is whitewashed, but thats no fault of CC's. She's played her as written. Hopefully the new regime infuses more spark into her. I just pray she doesn't become another conquest of Dr. Love. :lol:

Archived