AMC: Wednesday, August 17, 2011

• Members

I think Broderick is probably doing the best she can under very tough circumstances - I've always had a lot of issues with her as a writer and I think her status as a miracle worker is based more on who she isn't than who she is. For instance, nothing in her past writing ever had any real insight into Tad or Dixie, IMO (although I am basing this on her 95-97 run; perhaps she had great stuff for them earlier), so I'm not shocked if this doesn't quite work. And some characters have been written as self-parodies for so long, like JR, that there isn't enough time to resolve them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I was expecting more because of what she did after Pratt was fired but then AMC was just kind of like Days is now, completely gutted so anything was an improvement. I haven't watched much of AMC the past few years but all I can say is what I have seen this past years has not been offensive like it was under Pratt and McTavish just boring.

Wasn't she hired at Days by Corday some years ago and fired a month later because her writing was too "character driven" or such nonsense Corday spewed? You'd think you would know that before you hired someone.

• Members

I think that probably just meant she didn't do what he wanted. It's kind of odd, because, although she doesn't do a lot of the DAYS tricks, she does have a certain style the show could have used. For instance, her soaps always have to have some uber-mastermind/villain who is controlling or trying to control large groups of people. David Hayward, Mitch Laurence, Reid Hamilton, et al.

• Members

Hey, I got an idea: let's get really sci-fi and reveal that Dixie, Zach and everyone else David has revived through Orpheus is basically living off the same life force; and that if one of them is injured or killed, or if the life force itself is destroyed, all of David's victims will disintegrate?

• Members

Yes we know, you say it everyday in every thread, if I didn't know better I'd swear you just LOVE to talk about him ;)

It's called you know adding REALISM to a storyline, anyone who's been basically in a coma that long is going to have long hair and a beard, not short Tinkerbell hair like Dixie O_o

:wub: I'd worship at that cross for sure, and yes I said it.

• Members

I guess that answers the question of how he survived the crash. He just walked home.

You are so going to hell for that.

In that case Babe better have armpit hair so long you could braid it.

My ultimate sci-fi endind is David giving another one of his "I'm God" speeches to the whole town only to have a voice from the vestbule say "In Pine Valley, even God has a boss." Out of the shadows, steps Frankie in a black suit surrounded by evil henchmen. "Really David, don't you think it's time everyone met the real force behind Project Orpheus? (*echoing maniacal laughter*)

Cut to black

To be continued*...

(On ProspectPark.com for the low, low price of $5.95 per month)

• Members

Kendall walks around with a beaming face & a rainbow following behind her now. That first shot of her walking into Zach's hospital room showed it all. She hasn't been this happy since she was planning the Thanksgiving party & I'm at least glad for that ;-) Very sweet scenes today, I loved Zach's reunion with the boys!

Griffin should just leave town at this point, I'm sorry to say it. He's just in the way now and it's kinda sad & embarrassing to watch him. Poor guy

Jamie Luner looked flawless as ever in this episode, love her! Hate seeing her so underused. I'm sorry but Colby needs to build a bridge and get over it already, the way she treats Liza is getting really old.

LOVED the Cara/David scenes.

• Members

^^+1 I just watched the late night showing and came here to say that Liza was gettin' it in that dress.

And wow, I actually sat here feeling sorry for Griffin. Ohhh, but when I think about the goodness of Zachus, and allllll that He's done for me...

Archived