AMC: Wednesday, August 17, 2011

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL.

Actually everything Dixie is falling flat. Everyone is so ho hum about it. Even the stuff with JR I thought I might actually like is not working for me.

I kinda like Cara calling David on his ish. It didn't come across as an attack more from a place of hurt. Ryan and his assiness can go take a hike.

• Members

It's clear the writers are trying hard not to repeat themselves. In doing so, though, it's almost like they're avoiding conflict altogether w/ Dixie. Which shows you why back-from-the-dead stories only really work w/ villains and super-villains. Those characters can generate juicy drama just by walking into the room.

• Members

I don't know. I know watching Laura come back was compelling and when Marlena came back through the fog on that pier was awesome. I think if you are going to bring back someones great love from the dead, you need to play up all the stereotypes and cheese otherwise it just falls flat like someone said. The slow motion running to each other, the tears of hurt and joy, the heartbreak. Zach's has been incredibly flat and uneventful also. Its all becoming more about David than the actual returns.

• Members

It's like the wake up, scratch themselves, roll out of bed and it's business as usual. And the couching of words in the dialogue. "Dixie's back," or "While you were gone." Noooo... The bitch didn't take a cruise in the caribbean. She was pronounced dead. Dead meaning NO LONGER LIVING! SIX FEET UNDER! ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST!!! Funeral and everything.

• Members

Yeah, the day after Kendall find out her "great love" is back from the dead, she and Griffin are bantering, and she's like "Hey Zach, what's up?"

Its all very odd. Colby upon seeing Dixie on screen for the first time is like "Oh heyyyy". Mind you its clear she already knew she had returned, but how are we supposed to know that when we the viewers only see Colby every 15 days or whenever she has to announce someone new is following her vlog.

Archived