AMC: Wednesday, August 17, 2011

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was an amazing episode! The last season of ER was a master class in how a TV show can say goodbye. They had a ton of returns and managed to bring them back without disrupting the show. Some were long term returns like Noah Wyle and others were just for an episode like Edwards, Clooney and Margulies but I think they were all done very well. Of course they had the kind of time and money that soaps can only dream of. Especially time. ER had close to a year to plan its final season and work returns into actors' schedules.

The Leo flashback was perfect and The Crazies were a joy to watch but IMO Dixie and Zach are a piping hot plate of "Hell no" with a crispy "Bitch please" topping.

• Members

I wouldn't say its harsh at all. I don't know if its the writing, he's bored with the character, or only staying with AMC out of a sense of duty. Not that one can blame him for any of these reasons, I mean watching your character and your show disintegrate right before your very eyes hardly beckons motivation. The times where you feel he is 100% into his work have gotten fewer and farther between over the last 8-10 years. Interestingly enough though, as others have noticed, his work with Lindsey Hartley has been quite good. He seemed to genuinely like working with her and they've had a good chemistry since before they even went the quasi-romance root with them. Seeing MEK deliver those lines today to Cady/Dixie about how she's the one and he never stopped loving her... he was dead in the water.

The optics of Tad and Dixie ending happily ever after, to me anyway, looks good and is fitting, but I've come to realize it isn't worth the rushed and truly ridiculous avenue they are using to achieve it.

• Members

MEK should have left ages ago but job security in this day and age and at his age as an actor now is a powerful thing. But he and LH were a joy to watch together and its not like I have any use for Cara, but together I really liked them and working with her seemed to inject life back into him. But these returns,Dixies is just so blah. IA with the scene today a total zero. And they made a point of building up Tad and Cara now for what. We hear Tad lamenting to Opal about how wonderful Cara is like he might actually feel conflict then in the following scene he's lamenting to DIxie and even with he and Cara going on a real honeymoon, it means nothing. So much for any decent conflict there. So Cara and Tad are basically over today without any conflict, goodbye or anything. What a disappointment that this is the best Broderick could do.

• Members

Watching now and I have to say Dixie actually looks good. This is the best since she came back. Her slap however was so weak. It really was a bad hit

Colby: "Breakfast is ready"

Dixie: "Good, as long as its not pancakes" laugh.png

Zach looks like an awful mess. His reunion with Kendall is falling flat and a big part of that is TK. I see AM giving it her all but Im not feeling him. Zach seems to be a bit hesitant and slowly realizing that things have changed around him. Im hoping he sets Kendall free and lets her move on

Greenlee's hair looks so much better now that its straight. It kinda looks like Amanda's haircut

So was that it for Marion? Are they just gonig to leave her fate up in the air? Did she ever get caught? Did she go back to OH? Did she get released (bc she seemed normal)? Did she ever reunite with Liza and Colby? I wish one of those two had mention the recent breakout

• Members

Well, Zzzendull's been putting me to sleep for years.

I loved the pancake line, too, and ITA about that slap. It seemed like the director didn't even bother to focus on it. I'm also hoping Zach lets Kendall go. Maybe that was foreshadowing when he thought Greenlee was Kendall last week and tried to tell her it was over.

I'd be surprised if Marian doesn't come back at least once to reunite with Liza & Colby. As far as I can remember, the police haven't found her yet.

Overall, I thought this was a great episode. David had several hilarious lines, Zach seems to feel the heat so many of us here do between Kriffin and for those of us who still love Tad & Dixie, we finally got the scene we were waiting for towards the end!wub.png

Archived