OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Members

I was honestly actually kinda surprised and impressed that, as of today anyway, they DID touch on the fact that, brainwashed or not, Victor had been a father and husband all these 8 years. I sorta assumed, given RC's style, they would just all turn on him (I still suspect they will, but...) For a show that makes a lot about how adopted parents are just as much parents as biological, the fact he largely raised these kids (often badly, but so would Todd have) needs to be a big issue, I think. Also liked that Todd showed a more typical Todd impulse, though it doesn't seem to jive with the way he's been written since his return at all, it is more in keeping with the character.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really wish they had given him a better name that Victor Lord Jr. I'm hoping that we don't have to call him that from now on, even after he's gone. It would make sense for TSJ Todd to say that he hates that name and then pick out a new name. Something like Trevor Manning. Maybe in his final episodes he can ask Rev. Andrew Carpenter to baptize him.

On a slightly absurd note, I would actually love it if he took the name "Data." Kind of an acknowledgment that he's sort of a programed robot, with an emotion chip.

• Members

....Where did I criticize Florencia? And I do like having her character around, and I do enjoy her on the canvas. I just call her on her [!@#$%^&*]. I suppose this imaginary "legend" continues, since not a soul on the Internet can back you up, and you have no actual evidence other than your profoundly delusional assertion that "you are critical of Tea = you HATE HER AND WANT HER GONE." I was harsh on Todd when he stole Jack too. Did I want him off the show? No. Enjoy your world of absolutes. I will sit here and watch TV. I welcome anyone else to come to me with their concerns if they sense my apparent white hot rage towards Tea and my imaginary campaign to get her fired.

• Members

I noticed a little while ago they listed Kim Zimmer in the credits during a week she didn't appear and it appears as though they list her every week even though she's recurring and might not air during the week cause she was in today's credits. She's also listed at the top of the recurring cast ahead of everyone else. Maybe that's some special deal and she'll be in the updated opening because they didn't always list her weekly.

• Members

It's amazing how one interesting storyline makes this show tolerable. Take Todd vs Todd away and you're left with absolutely nothing. It will be interesting to see the ratings after TSJ leaves.

Todd blaming Blair for his situation was superb. It was a breath of fresh air that finally he was exhibiting some Toddian character traits. There should always be some resentment there even though he intellectually knows it's not her fault.

TSJTodd was fantastic and his family embracing him as their dad was a welcome surprise, although Starr's felt a bit disingenuous. From the moment she showed up at his house there was barely concealed contempt and even after everyone else continued to accept him, she just stood there until she finally caved. I never got from her that she loved him. She came off as such a bitch and KA cannot cry even if her life depended on it no matter how hard she scrunches her face and wipe non existent tears.

I'll miss TSJ. This storyline, although, shitty, has proven how versatile he really is.

• Members

I also hate the Victor name. I wish they had given him another T name. Id have gone for Trevor myself. I hate that he's even Victor Lord JR, especially since he was a bastard whom his father refused to acknowledge It would have made more sense for him to be Victor Manning

• Members

RH was great this last episode becoming frustrated at everything he missed, and TSJ was great at thinking he lost his whole family. I find Jack's devotion endearing. Soaps are so often about mothers and daughters it is nice to see a rotten kid manage to be thoroughly devoted to the guy he sees as his father and it serves as a nice contrast to Starr who of course will always side with the real Todd if push comes to shove. I think a happy ending would be if Victor and Jack decide to leave town together to start life anew elsewhere with Tea.

• Members

I gotta disagree! I think the story is great. If it was a book it would be deemed a real page turner. Irene made no sense, but so what? I remember when Dr Ivan Kipling was being eaten by alligators and Mitch had Cassie tied to a totem pole. laugh.png It's insane, it makes no sense...it's magnificent! That scene with the two Todds reminded me of something out of Manchurian Candidate. I just wish there was a way to get Irene, Todd, Victor, Viki and the whole Lord gang back into Eterna once for the road.

• Members

Friday's episode was OLTL's best episode in years, possibly decades. Some excellent, moving moments which surprised me. Even Alderson (whom I have loathed for years) was outstanding. I felt like I was watching a different actress.

I find Cutter and Aubrey completely interesting as well, so I am not just enjoying the Two Todds.

Despite being as implausible as Eterna, The Two Todds has me completely glued to my screen. If Carlivati is dumb enough to let it peter out once TSJ leaves, he is making a huge mistake. Hopefully Irene's warning was foreshadowing..

Yesterday's episode is an emmy submission episode. Ron and Frank have horrendous taste in their submissions so god only knows.

A few people here absolutely hate this show, and I don't know why they bother to watch. (I have never used this statement and generally hate when people do. Oh well).

HA! I love you. Well said.

• Members

I do enjoy some of the story, but ultimately there's just so much interest I can have when a show features, if you count Ford, three long-suffering/noble rapists and those silly women who complicate their lives. If the other stories were stronger it would have better balance.

Archived