OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem I have with this is that for weeks and weeks they wrote Jack as being terrified of an out of control TSJ Todd. There wasn't any moments of Jack loving and respecting his father. Only now is it back to Jack being a TSJ Todd sycophant.

JPL has ruined any story he's ever been given. They keep trying to cater to him and this is their reward.

• Members

RC never wants to write for Blair - if it's going to involve the members of the harem RC probably prefers (Danielle, Jack, Tea) then it will be better.

During the aftermath of what Jack and his friends did to Gigi, and Todd getting him out of it, I thought it was much more about anger/fear/control. The fawning he's doing now is more like what they did when Carmen Laporto played Jack.

• Members

It doesn't make any sense, but I'm just relieved she isn't Karen's daughter, as I thought this was going to be oh Karen was an evil deadbeat mother whore and poor Aubrey suffered. I'd like to see Katrina come back for this. Even if she doesn't, then it still can't be any worse than the disastrous returns of the KAD characters, or the cheap writing for Pamela and Lee.

When he has material with Blair it's usually about how worthless she is or how wonderful Todd/Tea/John/etc. are.

• Members

Actually, there have been many moments of Jack closeness the last 2 years that I recall after Todd got shared custody especially. Plus, this is the father who he feels helped him escape prison vs the one who threw him out. (cue Vee getting on my case for daring to point out RH's Todd was a lousy father)

• Members

This rewrite is completely absurd.

But today the actors rose ABOVE the material and truly delivered a tour de force performance. Heck, even AT was believable. The scenes at the Manning home are MUST SEE TV.

KDP and RH are coming off a bit flat to me. But man I am so glad to see RH actually given Real Todd material. The oozing, biting contempt was back in his voice and he was FINALLY raging and that smirk when she left the SAFE UNLOCKED (what a TWIT!) was sooooooooooo the sly, I'm plotting revenge Todd.

• Members

I was talking about how their relationship was written after what happened to Gigi. I remember people commenting on how Jack was afraid of Todd and it seemed dangerous, etc. Now they're back to what they did a few months after the rapemance where Jack just automatically worshiped TSJ Todd no matter what.

• Members

CarlD2, I actually appreciate your honest hatred vs others who fake objectivity

But I've been online since 1997 and heard the Blair fans say the EXACT same thing over every writing regime from 1997 until Malone returned. Then I heard promises he'd "fix" Blair because he LIKES to write for her. But she was written stupid with Walker/Todd, given the absurd bahdra diamond FLOP and the offensive maxi-pad tumor story. The Blair fans then complained about Malone too.

Then came Higley and the "persecution" complaints about her not liking Blair.

And now for 3 years I've heard RC hates Blair.

When exactly was the LAST time you feel a regime LIKED to write for Blair? 1996? Don't you think it's long overdue to ask WHY it's been over a decade?

• Members

Speaking of Badhra diamond but what the hell were the agency looking for? They said RHTodd knew where it is and tortured him about wanting him to reveal where it is. What the heck were they talking about? I hope this hasnt been dropped bc it hasnt been mentioned

Archived