Stars who left the show on bad terms but later came back

• Members

I was thinking of actors and actresses who have left their respective shows on either messy or bad terms ie. were fired, didn't like storyline or character direction, lots of drama surrounding their exit etc. but later ended up eventually coming back, either if old wounds healed, regime change, cancellation etc. even though they were never expected to return.

To start off with:

Days-Susan Seaforth Hayes, Joseph Mascolo, Louise Sorel

GL-Peter Simon, Maeve Kinkead

ATWT-Larry Bryggman, Cady McClain

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of my favorite GL stars could not stand working for Gail Kobe - Chris Bernau, Peter SImon, Grant Alexksaner, Robert Newman all left on their own. She had fired so many of the people I'd loved - Kathleen Cullen, Marcia Clark, Elvera Roussel and brought on those hideous Lewis family members and Shayne family members who were this side of cornprone. The original Lewises - Trish and Josh - were tame compared to the over the top H.B., Billy and Reva. And don't get me started on the Shaynes - Roxie (did Kristi Ferrell have the ugliest mouth in history or is it just me?) I just hated on sight. Anyway when Kobe left,Bernau, Simon, Aleksander and Newman all came back. I didn't think that was coincidence.

As for Maeve, leaving with Rauch still there was a no brainer. The fact that he was Kim Zimmer's favorite ep says it all. Just her type. I just finished Zimmer's book and I can admire her candor on a lot of things but her delusional take on GL is priceless. She got the spelling of Maeve Kinkead's name wrong (Kincaid it aint') and shared with readers that Maeve hated Jordan Clarke's lunch of onions. That was not so nice. I get the impression she didn't think too much of Maeve.

• Members

While I am sure Bunim didnt want her around (she put McLaughlin on recurring and then totally phased him out) as she wanted to "youthify," the show, Wagner left under Fred Bartholemeu who only offered a one day a week garantee. It was Fulton who left under Bunim..and despite the fact that Lisa became a fluttering dunce, Fulton really should have had no complaints, they built an entire family around her.

Archived