Stars who left the show on bad terms but later came back

• Members

Now it's bolded. And just to give you a bit more.

"In the beginning, the character of Todd was successful. I'll always be proud of this story, because it was the result of a real team effort. It was one of those spectacular times when the writer, producer, director, grips, engineers and actors were all on the same wavelength. Everybody was working toward a common goal. My task, at the time, was to show the humanity of someone who was basically inhuman. Todd wasn't one-dimensional, but he was definitely a serious psychopath. Todd was a serial rapist. He raped Carol Swift. Then, he raped Marty Saybrooke, and that rape was brutal, intense, violent and realistic. There were innuendos that he had raped other women before. He stalked Nora, he stalked and tried to rape Luna. [Then-Executive Producer] Linda Gottlieb told me with reasonable certainty that [One Life to Live] would not try to redeem Todd. So, I didn't think the character would change. Then about a year ago, it became clear to me that they were taking the character on a different path — they were redeeming him. In my mind, I'd been hired to play Todd Manning, a very realistic, serious psychopath. But now, the powers-that-be wanted me to play Todd Lord. And the story of Todd Lord is not realistic — it's a fairy tale. I thought, "It would be best for the show if I were to leave." That's when I tendered my resignation.[19] "

I'm not sure how much more obvious I can make it at this point. This is not opinion when it comes straight from the actor.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To that spoilerish thing above I've heard it was due mostly to immaturity and attitude. As soon as he tasted success and it ended up going straight to his head. It became disruptive so and a show with the likes of Susan Flannery and Hunter Tylo at the time TPTB crushed him pretty quickly.

• Members

I actually have to wonder if the reason she does that is just out of respect for her co-workers and the history of the show. I gotta give the girl credit, she obviously doesn't NEED to come back for any of those things, she's got a pretty cushy gig on CSI Miami for the last, what, 5 years?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived