Is a 2-hour AMC finale in the works?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my God, really? Really?

If it's a 2-hour finale, they'll be preempting One Life to Live, not the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. "Special treatment," my ass.

If we knew for certain that the finale would be two hours of the show's male cast members dancing in their underwear and winking seductively right at the camera, I know at least one person who would stock up on Kleenex, and I don't mean for tears.

• Members

It's not about a "reunion." It's about honoring the 41 year long history of the show and wrapping up characters' stories that are no longer on the canvas. It can be painful for fans when a soap goes off the air and their favorites had left the show previously in an unsatisfying way (like Cruz & Eden). Believe me, take if from someone who knows, it sucks not to have closure for your favorite character(s) and know that you'll never have the chance to see them again.

I think any and all soaps that are cancelled should at least attempt to bring back former characters to tie things up. It's their last opportunity to do so and it's a nice thing to do for the fans.

Do we REALLY want to see a last episode of just Griffin, Kendall, Ryan, Greenlee, Jake, Amanda, JR, Bianca, Marissa, David, Jackson, and a sprinkle of Erica? Do you really want Tad to end his days with Cara (and I detest Dixie and that coupling!)?

Or would you rather watch Leo visit Greenlee one last time, Adam & Brooke, Tad & Dixie, Marian & Janet, Maria, and a special appearance by Carol Burnett?

I mean, come on, it's a no brainer.

:lol:

Check you PMs! ;)

• Members

What don't you get? The ratings don't matter anymore. AMC and OLTL are CANCELED. Period. Nothing is going to change that. They are not going to end AMC in August just because of the recent numbers.

• Members

You really got nothing else to do but come share you AMC hate all the time? I mean, I get it, you think AMC is [!@#$%^&*]. Point taken. Maybe time to move on?

As for the two hour finale, I dunno. I guess I like the idea. I just wonder if it runs the risk of becoming overly sentimental and cheesy with that much time. An hour to wrap it up, gives LB and AN something to go on. Unless this is the end of a big arc or something, then it could work. Like the courtroom scene where Bianca confessed to killing Michael, and just about the whole cast was there.

• Members

Oh come on. I think ATWT deserved one. Why not? Dallas didn't exactly go out at the top--I think it was you comparing to Dallas--but it did make some sort of cultural impact, and so did AMC for a time (in the Daytime world at least).

The second hour (though I know many here wouldn't like this and I know they prob would never do this) could always be a sorta clips thing.

• Members

Eric, you were missed bud.

Another thing is, there's no rule saying that a finale can only last a day. I think the full final week should be a finale of sorts, not unlike 25th anniversary week. I really enjoyed those episodes because it was almost like a fireworks show, a steady stream of special entertainment for four days with a nice big ending on Friday. If they are going to do flashbacks, start them early, [!@#$%^&*], start them NOW I say. It is always the same ones anyway so I'm really not even pressed for them but I know they're inevitable. If they really dig or at least make an effort to use flashbacks that create full circle moments for characters that would be really nice instead of the usual parade of clips.

Also, if ABC isn't being super stingy in these last days of AMC and One Life, they could always make use of their website and put special clips and such on there making the air shows a little less cramped and rushed.

• Members

That is what I mentioned on another thread.

I understand if ATWT didn't get the same attention but ATWT didn't get a chance, ATWT didn't get a long finale. Whatever..

You MOVE ON!

AMC is Canceled and I think people are getting tired of you AMC hate...

Archived