Is a 2-hour AMC finale in the works?

• Members

I really don't need a ton of clips. Not separated "flashback"-type clips, at least. IMO, the more flashbacks, the less time to wrap things up. Of course, I know a lot of people say screw the current stories, but as someone who is generally enjoying the show right now, I want some closure with these stories. The best thing for me would be the show's final montage being a mix of old scenes and "current" scenes, ending with whatever poignant ending they decide to use. I have faith in Lorraine, Addie, Agnes, and whoever else is in charge at the end to make me ugly cry without relying on flashbacks. Which, really, because they use the same flashbacks over and over again, wouldn't really grab me like it should. Erica and the bear. Jesse "dying." Travis and Erica holding newborn Bianca. Ryan, Kendall, and Greenlee in the pool. Joe wants to be Ruth's "friend." Jenny's jet ski explodes. Nina and her bridesmaids ride in the horse-drawn carriage. Langley dreams of shooting an arrow at Phoebe. Etc etc etc.

One thing CBS did right for both ATWT and GL was post some really good clips online, stuff that they'd never aired as part of the shows and wasn't (as far as I know) already on YouTube. ABC could do something like that.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Fairman is saying it's confirmed:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/confirmed-two-hour-finale-of-all-my-children-to-air-september-23rd/2011/07/01/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

On-Air On-Soaps has confirmed this morning with an All My Children spokesperson that the series will go off the air with a two-hour finale on September 23rd!

• Members

I myself would LOVE it. There has to be at least some flashbacks for the finale. I hope we get plenty of my Marcy in the early days of her 1st run, some SMG Kendall (prob won't happen), Brooke's tubal pregnancy (the storyline that got me hooked on AMC), Ryan & Gillian (back when CM was likeable), Cindy Parker's AIDS storyline, old school Jessie/Angie, Jenny's death on the jet skis (or wave runner or whatever it was), Erica's abortion, etc...

B)

YAY!!! I'm so happy for the AMC fans. I fully hope and expect that LB & AN will come up with something wonderful, heartfelt, and sentimental for the ending. Julie Hanan Carruthers, SIT DOWN!

It's sad that it's taking AMC's cancellation(!) to get that woman out of the EP positon but at least it's happening. I hope she never helms another soap again, and it's likely she won't.

Like I've said from the get-go, Y&R, B&B, and DAYS are going to be the last soaps standing. I still say that's how it's gonna be.

• Members

Yes indeed...I'm gonna be a mess the whole two hours and then a zombie over the weekend.

Part of me wants to watch the finale the old way I watched for most of my run with the show: on a crappy VCR tape at around 9pm-ish with a bottle of Minute Maid pink lemonade, but there's no way in the world I'm gonna miss watching this live. I might even skip the live thread that day just so I can soak in every second of the finale.

• Members

I'm just mad Biggie Smalls is still "hearing" things. It's like, dude... you're hater. Have a seat!

And you already know I love you just as much! :wub:

Girl, please... you know the live thread will be -- what? LIVE that day. Betta come on with it, girl! ;)

• Members

Nothing against a live thread. I just wish there was a way to record our individual reactions on video so we could send the whole thing to Agnes. It's one thing to read our responses but it's another to see our faces as we watch. Or to send video "Farewell Pine Valley" messages. Also, I really want a backup in case SON crashes.

Plus as much as I hate to say it, a live thread is open season for haters. I don't want to deal with the Jamey/Nelson types who would only pop in to say, "Screw AMC! Way to go OLTL!"

That would be perfect. I hope SON lets us use it.

Archived