Is a 2-hour AMC finale in the works?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We'll have months of returns leading up to September so it's possible most of the guest stints will be done by then but I could definitely see a final weeklong celebration. That said, I have high hopes for Canary and Barr to be one of the last returns announced, probably to air in September. Lorraine said she wanted focus on the Chandlers and the other core families at the end and I can't believe she would mean just JR, Scott and Colby. That family hasn't been right since Adam left.

• Members

I think that is nice and fair, after all, it is the last show and AMC daily threads will be a memory come Monday. The timezone threads could be combined that evening. Kind of cool how at least two threads at a time will be working independently as the Eastern folks for example will be too wrapped up in hour two to be dipping into the Central and Mountain thread as they are just getting the ball rolling. Of course there is the chat room but I understand how people want their thoughts down on paper so to speak and it might be too dizzying and spoilerish. But not a bad idea to congregate in there that evening to debrief.

• Members

I have already cried thinking about this. I think back about all my favorite stories. I remember what was happening in my life during them, and how they helped me, related to me, or just distracted me. It makes me truly sad to think future generations won't have that. :(

• Members

Oddly enough as much as I've loved soaps - with some very rare exceptions - they've never done any of the above for me (except maybe distracted me). I've loved these shows but I've generally loved them in a bubble. They never affected any other part of my life until the internet came along. I've met some great people in real life because of the soaps (including one or two actors) and I'll miss that. But I'll really miss what these shows could've been because it didn't have to be this way.

• Members

I'm not saying that the soaps helped me out of the deepest pit of my life, or anything. I just think that there have been times when I've been able to relate to what someone was going through. Maybe they were going through something that had happened to me years earlier, and seeing the way they handled it helped give me clarity.

But most of all, soaps were my escape. No other genre in the world can allow you to delve into it and lose yourself like a soap can. I love my primetime shows, but they just don't hold you the way soaps do. Soaps become a part of your life, the characters your family. And, to me, it's sad that in the future people won't be able to experience that.

Archived