Is a 2-hour AMC finale in the works?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's also the dilemma I'm having/wondering about because I'll have started film school by then!! I have been crossing my fingers that I get the flu or have that day off or something LOL!

I'm going to be so depressed & thinking about it non-stop probably for months!! It is going to be SO sad, seriously!

• Members

Now that it's been confirmed, I'm ready to comment on the 2-hour finale. If any soap ever deserved one, it's AMC. This show set the bar in so many ways when it comes to social issues and humor on soaps.

I'm probably going to be a wreck most of that week. If there is a live chat, I'll call in sick to work that day just to have the support!

• Members

A friend and I already have the day booked off--and we'll be watching with plenty of Myrtle's spiked lemonade... (BTW I'm glad someone else still watches on a crappy VCR, I get teased mercilessly about the fact I still use mine--if I could afford it I'd by a DVD recorder just to save the episode). And I'm in for a live chat.

• Members

I'm actually considering taking the day off myself. I only know two offline people who watch soaps one is my Dear Gay Husband (DGH) and the other is a coworker who only watches GH. It looks like DGH might have to hold my hand that day. The problem is he may expect me to hold his hand when OLTL goes off and that ain't happening. :lol:

You need to get your priorities straight.

• Members

No, no, I'm a senior! I took this class several semesters ago and did horribly in it. I'm retaking it with a much easier/lazier instructor, which will make it very easy to skip on the 23rd.

If it's any consolation, I remember watching the OJ Simpson chase. Don't ask me 'bout the Berlin Wall, though...

• Members

I don't think any soap NEEDS a 2 hour finale, but I'm glad they're doing it. Ideally, I agree with other comments that the entire first week SHOULD be a finale, but many soaps haven't done that. Hell, take the last month and u can spread out returns and make it a total celebration and just build and build towards that final week, then episode. I hope thats what happens with AMC and I think it has the chance to have the greatest soap finale.

We'll see.

Archived