Big Brother 13: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I agree. I think she just doesn't have the usual BB personality (LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME) and she doesn't glom onto the vets. I find it odd sometimes when people criticize her for being "mean" to Rachel, when Jordan, who was dismissive of Rachel (even on live TV, after Rachel had basically saved her) is still seen as a little angel. Neither lady is a saint.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"BIG BROTHER" WRAPS UP ITS MOST SUCCESSFUL SUMMER SINCE 2004 WITH YEAR-TO-YEAR GROWTH ON ALL PLATFORMS — ON-AIR, ONLINE AND ON CABLE

With its finale on Wednesday, BIG BROTHER is wrapping up its most successful summer in both viewers and adults 18-49 since 2004, with growth on all platforms from on-air to online and on cable. This summer's success also witnessed robust social media activity, particularly on Facebook and Twitter.

"Growing a show in its 13th edition on all these platforms is testament to the amazing creativity and energy of our producers. At every step of the way, they deliver innovative twists and turns that consistently evolve this proven franchise and engage one of the most loyal and interactive fan bases on television and online," said Jennifer Bresnan, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, CBS Entertainment.

ON-AIR

• In its 13th edition, BIG BROTHER has swept its three weekly (Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday) time periods in viewers and key demographics every broadcast this summer against non-sports competition.

• Based on most current ratings through nine weeks this summer, BIG BROTHER has posted year-to-year growth in viewers, adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and adults 25-54 on all three nights with overall gains of +11% in adults 18-49 (3.1/09 from 2.8/09), +4% in adults 18-34 (2.5/09 from 2.4/08), +12% in adults 25-54 (3.7/10 from 3.3/09) and +4% in viewers (8.11m from 7.80m).

• The Aug. 21 edition of BIG BROTHER SUNDAY delivered the largest audience (8.37m) and highest adult 18-49 rating (3.2/09) for any BIG BROTHER broadcast since September 2007.

• Meanwhile, the Aug. 31 broadcast of BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY marked the first time ever that BIG BROTHER was the week's top-rated program in both adults 18-49 and adults 18-34.

ON CABLE
          • BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK, a live look inside the Big Brother house (12:00-3:00 AM, live ET/9:00PM-12:00 AM, live PT) broadcast on SHOWTIME 2, is averaging 168,000 viewers per night, +8% ahead of last summer.

• Full length episodes, highlight clips and other content from BIG BROTHER were made available across the CBS Audience Network, allowing a community of fans to watch the program online and incorporate clips into their blogs, wikis and widgets and interact as well as discuss BIG BROTHER on message boards. Traffic to the BIG BROTHER website at CBS.com is up +18% versus last summer.
              • [*]CBS and RealNetworks, Inc. provided exclusive live 24/7 streaming video from inside the BIG BROTHER house. Subscribers to the live 24/7 feed is tracking +10% ahead of last year, with 25% of those subscribers also paying for mobile access. More than 2.5 million hours of content has been streamed.

SOCIAL MEDIA

• Administrator

OMG!!! What the fack, Shelley!!?? I knew Rachel was going to win, but I thought she was going to win based on Adam's vote. Shocked that Adam voted for Porshe.

Rachel is the first BB winner that I don't respect as a winner because I believe she was assisted by Alison Grodner who made it easier for Rachel to get through. I've disliked winners before, like Jun (BB4) or Maggie (BB6) or Dick (BB8), but I respected their wins. Alison Grodner got to wish and now this guarantees we'll see Rachel again for Big Brother: All Stars. Notice how the 2nd competition was a timed competition - that was a "just in case Rachel loses the first competition". It was a way Grodner could've guaranteed Rachel in the final 2. Here's my last F.U. to Allison Grodner. I really hope she moves on to do something else.

Rachel and "deserved" don't go together.

• Members

IDA. Rachel did deserve this. I think the basis for the discrepency is based on the Pandora Box twist but take that away and Rachel still won the veto on her merits. The Pandora Box twist only helped Jordan stay in the house longer as she did nothing to benefit from that and it was a waste and she failed to do anything after that to protect save herself

• Administrator

Nobody will ever convince me Rachel deserved this. I don't believe someone deserved to win if you have a producer who is helping you to win. I look at competitions to see if they are fair and I did not see fairness this year. I don't remember having this sour feeling over competition fairness ever. I'm so glad there are other people who see this victory as a tainted one and I hope more people call out Allison Grodner's bullsh!t.

• Members

For me that veto she won the week of PB - the one that was just like a competition she'd already won - was most blatant.

I'm glad Jordan and Jeff didn't win, or Adam, but I'm sorry that a nasty person like Brendan might get his hands on that money. I hope she gets away from him.

Archived