DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Members

Uh....no, she's not.

Chris Whitesell was a good writer.

Ed Scott was a strong enough producer to mask her lack of writing skills.

But Higley? Just no. She goes for the obvious and the best she can pull of is a few weeks of greatness, which ALWAYS turns out to be some twist she's thrown in for shock value (i.e. OLTL's Nora finding out her Senator(?) boyfriend was gay)

Her first tenure on the show was AWFUL, especially since Brash and Cwikly, the preceding writers, showed so much promise and actually had the show back on track. Her second hasn't been much better, except for the time that Whitesell was actually writing the show (c'mon, we ALL know he was and that the Nicole/Sami baby switch was all Whitesell, as was the first half of Vivian's return).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How did I miss aMLC's comment about being sad that Dena's leaving??...LOL. I can't...

I do have to admit though, that once Dena started being credited alone as HW, without Whitesell (starting June 13), was when the show kinda got better to me ph34r.gif I'm also of the belief that DAYS has been pretty good lately but I'm sure this little upswing won't last and we'll be back to awfulness soon. I for one am glad Dena's influence on DAYS will soon be kaput...I know there's a good reason why her last scripts were rewritten!!

• Members

"Im a regular guest of the Salem Correctional Facility. Aren't I eligible for an upgrade?" :lol: Nicole is awesome

I HATED the way Higley's daughter was talking to Adrienne. Bitch should have been treated to her first daytime slap

LMAO at Bo arresting Taylor for knocking out Hope. What an idiot, especially since she just left her there on the pier.

• Members

This show! I loved Bo arrested Taylor and dragging her out of EJ's room. It was priceless when she saw Hope and yelled, "She's perfectly fine! You just wanna keep me from EJ!" Taylor is honestly demented and the writers must think it too, because all people do is tell her she's an idiot or give her disparaging looks. She even won't shut up about the damn cameo!

TAYLOR: "He pushed her down the stairs! Then he stole her cameo!"

EJ: "Cameo...?"

TAYLOR: "MY MOTHER'S! HE STOLE IT!!!"

All the scenes lately have been fun, classic Days. The Bo/Nicole/Victor/Brady scene was great, as was all the DiMera stuff. Really glad there's a new umbrella story for everyone to actually DO something.

It was a little weird that Sonny wasn't followed up with, particularly with the "he doesn't know about me" line, but he's new, so whatever, he needs some time to build up a base. I'm fine with them not shoving Sonny down our throats. Because while we may enjoy the possibility of this gay storyline, he's still a new character who needs to get acclimated to the series lest he become some story-devouring monster, or end up awful like Taylor. Plus, not everyone watching the show has read spoilers or news and knows that Sonny is meant for Will, so I appreciate the slow burn.

That said, lame way to just drop the scene and go back to Adrienne and Dario. Though I loved Higley's daughter marching in all "WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?!?!?!" What an idiot.

• Members

I really like the brady beat ej story. It involves so many people... ej, stefano, nicole, taylor, hope, bo, melanie, dario, maggie, victor and connects into the sami.2 rafes storyline. Plus with so much of it taking place at the hospital you have lexi, daniel, carly, jenn all involved as well as abby/chad to a point.

• Members

I think it would be better if this all drives her crazy. I love that from her POV, everyone else around her looks crazy and corrupt. I mean Rafe and Sami conspired to kill her mother and steal the cameo. Rafe also beat and tried to kill EJ. Bo is a corrupt cop and Hope is his sidekick. Nicole is out to ruin her life. She cant trust anyone except Lexie and EJ, whom she thinks is a saint. LOL. Wait till she finds out about EJ. I think this is all being set up to have her leave town disgracefully bc the show is completely clowning her. Its like an episode of Punk'd where she is the punchline :lol:

• Members

Thats sort of what i mean. Like have her mentally unstable, maybe reveal she had mental issues during her time away from salem and now with her seeing.hearing.thinking all this true [!@#$%^&*] and everyone telling her its not drives her crazy again.

• Members

Oh lord,I went to youtube to watch Sonny's first day, and one of the comments was about how the person is already hooked and has set up a LiveJournal Community for Sonny&Will :lol:

He is really cute, but goofy looking at times. I wish they styled him differently..I'm not a fan of his SuperCuts hairstyle :lol:

With that said, why is Salem like the most basic town in all the soap universe, it's like no one has style at all. I would argue Chloe does, but she tends to look more hookerish than stylish (which is fitting ^_^ ).

• Members

I've just seen brief episodes of Chandler before I started watching this week. LOL at your supercuts comment. It actually makes him look younger. I didnt like his hairstyle at the Emmys. He looked goofy.

As for Sonny and Will....I see chemistry there....I know its earlier..but I see it.

• Members

The show has been better lately. This technically should go in July, but have you seen the previews for the Fourth of July show yet? I find it funny some people are ripping this show already (all over the place, nowhere specifically)... yet Santa Barbara did these special shows all the time!

Of course, Santa Barbara wasn't written by Dena Higley... :)

Archived