DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly.

I hope we get more Sonny scenes with Justin/Adrianne/Abby and Victor/others. I will take at least a dozen of those before i care about another scene of him and Will. Introduce Sonny, tell us his story first.

I love T! I hope we see more of him this summer. Its funny becuse they brought him on he seemed to be gay and the actor played it that way until they paired him with Kinsey.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I still don't know. As it is, I'm sure there will probably be other storylines that will overshadow this one. Let's be honest, this gay storyline is NOT going to be considered front and center material despite the show's best intentions. More of Sami/Rafe, Nicole/Brady, Quinn being brought back, and the returns of John/Marlena among many others. They are going to hog most of the airtime so I don't think it's inaccurate to have at least a slight concern about the pacing of the Will/Sonny storyline. But we'll certainly see what happens.

• Members

I'm choosing to be optimistic about it. Will is getting more and more screentime that centers on him, and they're obviously intimating that something is going on with him... meanwhile, Sonny JUST showed up in town, and they're exploring his relationships with his parents and Victor. I just see no reason to be criticizing the show or presuming this is going to be a disaster because they haven't shoved it down our throats from the first day.

That graduation party was LAME, though. Good grief. I loved Sami's deadbeat ass making excuses to leave, per usual. And seriously, they couldn't have a few 45ish-year-old extras stand around so we could presume they were T and Kinsey's parents?! Where was Roman? We couldn't get a damn one-way phone call between Will and Carrie or something? The scene with Will and T was a good beat to hit, but also sort of hilarious. Will is suddenly freaking out about everything. Also, dude, you live in a two-bedroom apartment with nine other people. You should be dying to move out!

• Members

I don't know if it should be front and center anyway. I do think they need to show it a fair amount, because these stories can bring in viewers, and Will seems to be a popular character, but overkill, especially when DAYS is in yet another transition period, would just make a lot of fans hate the story and also drive off the casual viewers who might tune in to see Will and Sonny.

• Members

Alright folks! Your points have been well taken. I still just hope this is properly paced, properly aired, and not outdone by the likes of every other character/storyline the show will be telling. Perhaps DAYS will shock the hell out of me and get it right, unlike other soaps before it.

• Members

I'll admit, I don't have a long history with DAYS and mostly watching for the Gay story. And despite being letdown by ATWT & OLTL, I'm excited about it (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. LOL) But given the writing for the other stories, I'm not sure I want a whole not of story movement under Higley's pen. I think I'd rather wait for the new writers. Honestly, I don't think this story is moving any slower than the others. After Noah arrived in town on ATWT, we didn't get much until Sept and on OLTL, after story was announced in June, we didn't get much until Aug/Sept.

I agree with others that I'd rather see them spend the summrr giving Sonny a life and a purpose outside of being "the town gay" before launching into the story.

• Members

A Dario fan!

LOL! All so freaking true.

I can't figure out whose more hilarious, T or Kinsey. I love how Kinsey's always pointing out the "facts" laugh.gif She's really, kind of a bad friend. Everyone seems annoyed with her most of the time, LMAO.

I hope so to. I think the show should really have Will move out and become roommates with T, as suggested in todays show. Maybe Chad and Sonny could join them and they could all be roommate/frat buddies! lol

• Members

You said it!

Why did they bother even decorating the pub to make it look like a big deal party when no one was there except the teens and Sami and Rafe briefly? Why couldn't Will's siblings and his Great-Grandma stay there the whole time? I mean it's her place and she put up all those decorations and had that gross sex conversation with Gabi and she can't even hang out at the party? No fair. Furthermore, apparently Aunt Jennifer found it more important to play Nancy Drew when it comes to her boytoy's ex's drug problem than supporting her out-of-town brother's kid at his graduation and being there to support all of Abby's friends. Yet Jennifer could find the time to give a commencement address at the 2002 Salem High graduation? Really?

Not to mention... Uncle Bo and Aunt Hope found it more important to play Keystone Kops and treat the Walker sisters like crap than be there for his nephew and her cousin. No way Grandma Kate would miss it. No way Maggie Horton would not come to Will's graduation after the relationship that Maggie and Lucas had. No way there would be no phone calls from Lucas, Marlena and John or Carrie and Austin. And I'm scared that Grandpa Roman's gone out to get the mail the way he's totally been forgotten from everything.

Also, did Rafe or Sami congratulate Gabi on graduating at all? That was just bizarre how Sami and Rafe agreed that Will was "our kid" (INFURIATING) and never even acknowledged Gabi whatosever. I mean the poor girl's mom has a broken leg and can't come to her graduation yet the one of her siblings who goes to her graduation party attends solely for his step-kid and not her, while Dario is too busy chasing Melanie around to support her? What exactly was the point of putting all these Hernandez siblings on the canvas if the show was never going to bother having them interact like siblings?

Finally, has there ever been a more wholesome set of teens on any soap than this DAYS teen scene under Dena Higley? I mean 14-year-old Julie Horton could at least get a little thrill shoplifting. Yet these kids are celebrating their graduation in a bar with no adult supervision and none of them think to break into the booze? NO WAY!

• Members

LMAO! This is what I'm always thinking in the back of my head when I watch them. These "teens" are just way to perfectly behaved! I have been salivating for them to get into some trouble or do something out of the ordinary for once. They are in their college years now! I love all of the actors in DAYS' current teen set and would love if they gave them some actual things to do that aren't so basic. There's quite a bit of drama brewing with them but it's so drill and harmless.

• Members

Exactly! I don't need to see another stupid teen pregnancy, but could one of them maybe... tell a lie or be mean to someone or be torn between two love interests or something?! I do think this graduation comes at a good time, because the show can sort of sweep it under the rug and move on to having all of them in college just as the new writing regime takes effect.

• Members

Honestly, after the last few days teen invasions i am perfectly happy that this set has stayed c list supporting and played more into their reletives lives/bigger stories than anything really going on with them. It has made me actually like them more, and now i am ready to see them in bigger stories and solo stories as i care about them.

They are a good set of kids, i dont think thats a bad thing. Esp with where the show seems to go with them right now. We have Chad walking that line of DiMera, and he is involved with Abby, a horton who i could easily see having a wild side come out at some point herself. Then there is gabi, who is endlessly boring but CB is good and she has a nice relationship with Will, and we all know where Will is going.

I do think for a few months there they were totally unsure of what to do with them, but there seems to be one plan now. Hopefully it happens. Then there is Melanie, who now that these kids are in college i wouldnt mind seeing her mix it up with them more. I do think they should have had Abby come in a bit older to bridge the gap between melanie and the teens, but i also really like Melanie with Brady in the older set.

• Members

LOL at Hope treating Taylor like a child. I bet Tamara didnt know what she was getting into when she signed on bc the show is using her as a punching back, turning the character into a complete joke. I quite enjoy watching everyone treat Taylor like the idiot she is

Carly is so sloppy. I cant beleive she is leaving her drug powder on the top of her desk.

Didnt Nicole say she had multple copies of the DNA test? There should be a record of it with the lab as well.

Archived