AMC - Tuesday - May 17, 2011

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also. Does anyone think like me...That Jane Campbell is *gasp* JANET?!

I mean the clues fit.

Janet didn't like Erica much.

Janet hated Dixie

Janet went by Jane Cox that time that she first had plastic surgery.

Jane (Ferica) said 'I was in a room with 4 walls and a cot' and Dixie is in a room just like that.

Janet had her before.

And...to top it all off. If she releases Dixie now. It's gonna ruin her daughter's marriage to Jake. Cause Cara will go back to him!

It just points to JFAP.

• Members

Janet liked Erica. The two were friends in the mid 90s. When Janet returned in 2005, she was happy that Amanda was working for Erica. Erica taking an interest in her and mentoring Amanda, probably scored points with Janet last year when she followed her modelling career

Janet also didnt hate Dixie. She loved her. Back in 2006, she kept talking about Dixie as if they were best friends.

• Members

That was back in the mid 90s after she was exposed and Dixie tried to run her out of town. Janet eventually reformed and was redeemed in the eyes of most in PV and I beleive they patched things up. Here's a clip fo Janet from her 2006 return talking about Dixie.

Janet: "Im the only one here that really gives a hoot about Dixie. Have you ever thought to yourself WWDD? What would Dixie do?" LOL

• Members

How about a radical concept of... YOU KEEP HER DEAD!

Then check out immediately. If you don't have consideration for those among you who ARE invested during those final two weeks, do everyone a favor and check the hell out NOW rather than having them deal with the sloppiness you're adding. Again, it's a selfish theory. Same for the shows. If you've been given time that didn't have to be given to take the show out with a modicum of respect for the fans who have been invested for 41 years, RESPECT THEM. Don't just write shit because "who cares?! It's over, anyway!"

:lol: This is what kills me. A gesture, which was done in an attempt to play on and respect viewers' knowledge of the show's history, is all of a sudden disregarded... Then trivialized to a "bit of fluff." Yet, if Dixie didn't usher Palmer into heaven, there would be screams and screams of "WHY WOULD DIXIE SHOW UP IN HEAVEN FOR J.R., APPEAR TO TAD... BUT NOT FOR PALMER?!?!? Oooooh, THOSE WHITEWASHING, PROPPING, FRONS LOVING HACKS!!!" And you know this to be true, because it's happened on lesser occasions. "Kendall had was in 32 comas! Has anybody ever thought to call Alice Hart?!"

So it can't be "Oh, we pay homage to history... but history doesn't matter."

Says who? You? When a show has FOUR MONTHS LEFT ON THE AIR, when the hell is it "the time to stake out the 'going out with dignity' battle?"

Because Jesse's ghost was only seen by Tad. Dixie's ghost has been seen by Tad, Adam, JR, Kathy and Palmer. What do you propose...? Mass hysteria? <_<

There's only four months left so why does it matter? Palmer should dig himself out of his grave in the form of Daniel Kennedy.

Finally. Something I can't argue! Zendall fans and their delusional antics have dominated this show long enough! Zach is a beast! Keep that organ harvester dead!

• Members

So R are you back to watching AMC or are you just freaking out on principle because I think this is the most involved I've seen you in an AMC thread in months. I'm just wondering if it's because of the show of if you've just had a lot of coffee today. :lol:

Disregarded? Trivialized? Dude it was HEAVEN, not a Supreme Court decision! Are we really supposed to keep track of storylines about ghosts of dead characters in Heaven? Maybe you want to do that but I consider ghostly visits like dreams. I don't care if it's Jesse, Jenny, Maria or Dixie. If the character is "dead" at the time the visit doesn't count. Continuity doesn't apply to ghostly visits. Please don't make me explain why not. It's like trying to explain why time travel doesn't count. If you want to work by a different set of rules obviously that's your prerogative.

• Members

Don't make you explain...?

saywhatwhitney.gif

Explain away...

I'm coming from a position of believing in writing up to the viewers' intelligence. Not down to their stupidity. If you tell a story that a character has died... and have spent numerous revisits of the character telling the audience the character is still dead... then the character should remain dead. I don't understand what's so complicated about that. Does the audience want to see Tad with Dixie again, or do they want to see Michael Knight with Cady McClain? The answer to that is simply recast Dixie if TPTB thought Cady was too much to deal with. Don't kill her off. But the character has been killed off and the Tad and Dixie fans have come to accept it and her ghostly visits as part of their story, so leave it be.

• Members

LMAO at Kendall's reaction to Fakerica when she told her to let her know when she decides to go public laugh.gif HILARIOUS!

I love that Kendall accepted Ricky's proposal! I thought that last scene was brilliantly played by Alicia & Eddie. Kendall sneaking glances at Zach's picture; the way she was crying, you know it was because she didn't want to do it & was thinking about Zach, but to Ricky she was most likely crying because she was overwhelmed with joyous glee & emotion or something. LOL

I'm so glad Erica doesn't act the way Generica thinks she does. I wouldn't be able to stand Erica. There really is a clear contrast, Erica is so much more reserved and to herself than she used to be. She's not exactly over the fame, etc, but not as into it anymore as Janerica seems to think.

Archived