AMC - Tuesday - May 17, 2011

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God bless Susan Lucci. :lol: She plays Jane exactly as she does Erica -- as this ultra-feminine kitten of steel. But you know what? I love her for it. I love how La Looch *IS* Erica. Even when she isn't.

Gah.... Dixie. I don't know how I feel about this. I like Cady more than I like Dixie, if that makes sense. Dixie was kind of propped during her golden years on AMC, plus her insistence that she be paired with Thorsten Kaye during her last stint paved her way to the poisoned pancakes. I will be watching for her myriad hairstyles, though. That hair is the follicle world's answer to Meryl Streep and badly needs its own agent.

• Members

Sounds like I missed an exciting/interesting show today! Can't wait to watch tomorrow.

Re: Palmer. I've just accepted that any time a character sees the "ghost" of a loved one, it's just a hallucination or their imagination or, in the case of dead folk like Palmer, their souuuuuuuuul.

• Members

It's an angel taking the appearance of a loved one so the newly departed will step into the light without fear. When you walllllk down the rooooad...Heavy burdens, heeeeeavy load.</Della Reese>

Really people are we going to nitpick this? The show has been canceled. All bets are off. We've hit the ultimate reset button. Anybody can come back from the dead. Hell at this point Jesse and Angie's baby could come back from the dead. In four months, it won't matter anymore.

• Members

YES!

There was a little thing called going out with dignity that, now, seems to be questionable with dopplegangers running around and undead people making wishing stars in cells. The concept of "Anything can be done because we're gonna be off the air in four months!" is asinine. It's akin to a person thinking they don't really have to do their job properly anymore because they've given their two weeks notice. You may be done, but there are still other people invested in you doing your best work until you're gone. It's disrespectful, because now, by bringing Dixie (if this is indeed Dixie) back from the dead, you're opening up a whole new chapter for the Tad and Dixie fans that you aren't able to continue telling. The idea, at least I thought, was to close story -- bring the tale to an end. Not leave people wanting to know what's happened over the last five years.

• Members

I'll bend for anyone, even Ellie being pulled alive from that grave...lol, but not Josh. No. No. No.

Wasn't Maria a ghost too? It could all just be said to be in her loved ones mind. That she came to offer them comfort and what not. Personally, I don't think AN and LB are going to go anywhere near it. I think they'll just do the best they can to fill in the last five years, get T&D back together and give them their happy ending with Kathy. There isn't time for any thing else.

• Members

okay then how would you explain her greeting Palmer in heaven? Dont you think its best to ignore that without coming up with some convoluted reason to explain that away?

No she wasnt. The show made it clear when she appeared to Edmund, that she was merely a figment of his imagination

• Members

Okay this was all I needed to read. We're never going to agree on this because I totally believe in checking out once you've given your two weeks. Not intentionally screwing up mind you, but the last two weeks but when you're done, you're done.

As for the rest of what you said, we'll only be able to judge how this ends, once it ends. Everything on screen now is in a state of flux, so it's pointless to freak out over whether this is a "tweak" or not. Especially when we're talking about a five second scene last year where Dead Palmer "played" by an actually dead actor was welcomed to "heaven" by perpetually dead/undead Dixie. That scene was just a nice bit of fluff to acknowledge the connection between Dixie and Palmer. Not the GPS locator on Dixie's soul.

Sorry but that is just not the place to stake out the "going out with dignity" battle.

LOL! The unabortion sucked not only because it spit in the face of of a historical touchstone but also because it spit in the face of basic science. That's hardly an issue with ghosts and visions of the hereafter.

Archived