American Idol

Toups

• Members

That girl in the red floral dress with the bow in her hair would be perfect for Broadway, but I think she'll will be one of the first cut. kudos to her for doing Bjork.

and awww that little cowboy that sang to his turkey? I felt so sorry for him. :( he said he had never been in public

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. Carrie, Bo, Fantasia, Ruben and Clay's albums all got panned by critics. I haven't read any positive reviews on any of them, and I was at least hoping to for Bo, but nada. The only AI contestant with critical acclaim has been Kelly, and that was for her second album, not her first.

• Members

Here's something random: GL's former "Joey Lupo" was on American Idol tonight! I taped the show and when I watched it, I saw him for a split second during the part where they showed many rockers auditioning. It's definitely Justin Klosky, he's wearing a black muscle shirt. I thought it was quite random and funny.

• Members

#1 Kelly Clarkson - 6.5 million albums sold in the U.S (4.5 million more, worldwide)

#2 Clay Aiken - 4 million albums sold

#3 Ruben Studdard - 2.2 million albums sold

#4 Carrie Underwood - 2 million albums sold

#5 Fantasia - 1.8 million albums sold

Kelly has been on the charts for 59 weeks with "Breakaway" and has sold 4 million copies.

Carrie has been on the charts for 8 weeks with "Some Hearts" and has sold 2 million copies.

Carrie will pass Ruben within the next 2 weeks and step into the #3 spot.

• Members

Well it hasn't even been a full year since Carrie won, so I don't think it's quite fair to compare her to Kelly (as far as albums being sold) right now. But I do think it says something when her first year isn't even finished and she's already passed Fantasia and is about to catch season 2 idols. I think it's premature to say she doesn't have staying power. If she doesn't, I'd chalk it up to youth. How many teenage stars stick around for the long haul in a music career anyway? How many teen sensations from the 80s or 90s are still recording today? Not very many. Here's the thing... we all like different styles of music. I didn't see the first season of AI, so I really can't say too much about Kelly since I don't listen to pop music anyways. I liked Ruben & Clay, and third season I cheered for Latoya & Jennifer~however, I felt like season 3 was not as good as season 2 or 4, talent just wasnt there. I couldn't stand Fantasia, she just seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder... the fact that Simon told her at the beginning that she didnt need this competition didn't sit well with me either. It was if he was trying to make it impossible for anyone else to win. Last season, it didn't matter to me whether it was Bo or Carrie. I liked them both...

Now, back to this year; does anyone know if there's any plans to re-broadcast Tuesday & Wednesday's audition episodes?

• Members

This is a message a dude left on the freaky tan chick's Myspace:

"Well first off yes I'm here cause I saw you on Idol, I can't believe you didn't make it to the next round cause you are legitamently a good singer.

But anywho I'm glad you didn't let their rude comments get you down and just think now your famous!

So don't let go . . .

You've got the music in you :)"

Haaaahahahahahaha! What a liar. He just wants to get her number.

• Members

Carrie has released one album, and has not found her true creative direction yet. Despite that, she has the #1 country song and #1 country album in America and her CD is flying off the shelves. She's going to continuing to thrive at country radio and in sales and will probably have a lot of crossover success as well.

Good show last night. I liked Ace.

• Members

After the tongue-lashing from Simon Cowell, Clarkson has relented and agreed to let "Idol" use her music. Her spokesperson late yesterday released this statement: "As far as she is concerned, there is no conflict between her and the TV show. She intended all along to license additional material to the show and will do so when asked and within reason."

Archived