American Idol

Toups

• Members

That's true, but the fame really never goes away. Look at Britney Spears. When you become a big pop idol, your mark on pop culture never really fades.

Country stars never really reach idol status, nationwide. Unless you're, say, Keith Urban. Fans are loyal. But you just aren't THAT famous. And to me, it's all about the fight for fame, LoL

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carrie will never touch Kelly's success, not by a longshot. I still think the only talented people from this show are Will Young and Kelly, both original winners. They've each proven that they can survive two or three albums, I'm not sure Carrie, Fantasia or Ruben can say that.

• Members
This is exactly the reason why I don't like you using the term ghetto. A ghetto is more than a place filled with trashy streets, falling apart houses, and graffiti. It's a place where lower class black folk are struggling to survive, so who the hell are you to think that you can use it so easily and to describe a person's "character"?

Uh...yeah! Who are the first people that you think of that live in ghettos? Black people. It's even how you're so quick to put Fantasia in that ghetto category.

My own stereotyping? Excuse you, I'm not the one associating an outspoken black woman as ghetto. Also, as a black woman from a poor upbringing, I'd like for you to explain to me what "my own stereotyping" is.

Where does Divins fall in the discussion of my belief that your use of "ghetto" was offensive? Divins sucks as an actor, I've made no bones about it. His race sure as hell has nothing to do with the fact that he's terrible.

• Members

See, I disagree. I like the judges and all of their different, quirky qualities. They are pretty much all I watch the show for at this point, and the stupid auditions. I think that Kelly is the only American Idol and nobody will ever match her; I don't really watch the show anymore for the "talent." I do, however, enjoy the judges. :)

• Members

Class has NOTHING to do with this. Its all about talent.

Fantasia. has. none.

Jennifer Hudson. Truly talented.

Danii, why can't you just respect people's different opinions? If you don't like, don't read the thread. Why spoil it for everyone else?

• Members

See, black people is the first thing YOU think of when you think of a ghetto. And that's why you're offended. That's not the first thing I think of when I think of a ghetto. Besides, I've referred to many people as "being ghetto." White folks, black folks, all kindsa folks.

As I said, it's your own perception and stereotyping that's making it sound offensive.

Hell, I live in a ghetto right now! Seriously. And I'm white. So, that says it all.

• Members

OMG, someone found the girl with the fake ass tan's myspace:

www.myspace.com/xokissmex369

HAHAHAHA

People are leaving her comments telling her how beautiful she looked on Idol and how good of a singer she is, and how Simon is a jerk and Paula is just jealous. Seriously, WTF? All those people must be on crack.

• Members

HAAAHAHAHAHA!! That's hysterical. Look at her with her coon best friend. It must be in the local water.

"So all i want is for things to go good for ME.. Nothing good ever happens to me.. and IM SUCH A FRIKKIN GOOD PERSON.. all i get is peple making fun of me, yelling at me, hurting me, never getting ANYTHING IN LIFE, Wanting, ETC and Im just SICK OF IT! I still havent frikkin gotten my christmas present because my mom didnt have enough to take it out.. which is b/s cause I mean I SPENT EVERY dime on everyone that i had and she managed to get EVERY child but me.. their present which is bogus! Then danielle MAKES her dog sick.. an IM GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER? im sorry if it sounds mean but Im NOT GONNA BE PUT ON A BACK PEDAL ANYMORE BECAUSE DANIELLE DOESNT KNWOHOW TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS! She's NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH to own anything and is just wayyy too lazy .. SHE CANT EVEN GE UP TO GET A FRIKKIN FORK! HOW damn lazy is that!"

• Members

And if she was white, would she have been called "ghetto"? I HIGHLY doubt it. The fact of the matter is that the term "ghetto" has the automatic connotation with poor black folk. That's not my "stereotyping" in the least. Blame society for that. Either way, I'm done with this. You think whatever the hell you want to think. I'm not going to be the representative of poor black folk.

And for the record, I'm a black person who grew up in a ghetto, so spare me.

• Members

Yes, if she was white, she would've still been called ghetto. I call white people ghetto all the time! I don't understand what race has to do with it. What do black people have to do with the ghetto? All kinds of folks live in a ghetto. White folks, black folks, asian folks, mexican folks. The only one associating "black" with "ghetto" is you and you alone.

Society may create the 'automatic connotation' between poor black people and the ghetto. I'm not all society.

And don't stand there and tell me that you've never called someone ghetto in your life. I'm sure you have. The only problem with me saying it is that, in this case, you're obviously a fan of Fantasia and didn't appreciate the negative commentary. Stop trying to take it and misconstrue it into something entirely different involving race. I called her ghetto. I didn't use the N-word. Don't imply that I'm racist or making racist comments simply because YOU associate ghetto with black folks. I -- I -- don't.

Anyway, I'm glad you're done with this. I see no need for this standstill disagreement to last any longer.

• Members

Carrie is country pop and if you listened to the album you would see that. Shania Twain, Faith Hill, and Martina McBride have all been successful in this field. Carrie's album got great reviews and so did Bo's. They will both be successful. I may not like Ruben and Fantasia but they have done well in their respective fields. Country isn't everyone's cup of tea so I can understand why people would find her boring but I love the girl.

Tonight's show was great. I loved that 16 year old girl. She was really good.

OMG what was that last person. That was one confused..well better not say anymore but the hair and the clothes was :lol: .

The judges usually annoy me but they are hilarious this year. These auditions have been great so far. Can't wait until next week!!!

Archived