American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly couldn't agree more.

:lol: OMG that was so great. I agree with KR-thanks for posting that.

Again I agree. Kelly's album was the same way. I liked her first album but her second was great. Carrie's first is good so once she finds what she wants to be and what direction she wants she will be successful. The girl has talent and is very likable IMO. Her album has doen very well so she is off to a good start, much like Kelly was, so its a good sign for her.

Again I agree but she is off to a great start and its only her first album. We shall see but Kelly and Carrie are definitely my favorite winners while Bo, Vonzell, and Clay as my favorite runner-ups/contestants.

• Members

I am so happy that AI2's Josh Gracin has done very well since the show... He's probably the only one not in the top 2 who has had considerable success.

And with Carrie, she appeals not only to the big country audience, but the mainstream audience as well... I don't think Carrie will sell more albums than any other Idol before, like Simon said, but she will definitely be successful for many years. Kelly has proven herself to be a legitimate star, musician, singer, songwriter.

American Idol as a show is definitely a much bigger success than most of the stars they churn out

• Members

Clay's Christmas Album and Ruben's Gospel Album are included in those numbers, but ...

We can just do debut albums if you like :) The rankings would be ...

#1 Clay 2.7 million

#2 Kelly 2.3 million

#3 Carrie 2.1 million

#4 Ruben 1.8 million

#4 Fantasia 1.8 million

Idol stats this week.

Billboard 200

Kelly Clarkson falls to #12

Carrie moves up 2 spots to #3

Breakaway hits the 5 million in sales.

Because of You is #14 on the Hot 100

Jesus, Take The Week is #25 on the Hot 100

Bo moved up 6 spots and hit Gold status this week. (500,000 units sold)

Carrie has the #1 Country Album, #1 Country Song, and #1 Country Single Sales

Kelly has the #1 Adult Top 40 Recurrent

• Members

I've been very annoyed with AI's editing this season.

Also, what was with showing all of the guys in NC during that like unattractive guy montage? Most of those guys weren't even shown auditioning and some of them seemed pretty normal looking to me......

The editors and producers of AI really piss me off sometimes.

• Members

OMG that guy who danced with Paula was great. I also liked the guy who said he had a Paula and Randy DVD and said that they taught him how to sing or something. My God Simon was on cloud nine after hearing that and he was actually hilarious today.

That Rhonetta chick had no right to go off on Paula like that when Paula didn't say a word to her. Her offering her a drink was a kind gesture. The judges were clearly pissed off at her though because she was taking her sweet time in the audition and screwing around. She was hilarious in a Springer sort of way. Man though she had a big mouth :lol: !!!

The AI audtions this year have been great IMO. Some of the editing has been annoying but I love how we see what the judges say after the people leave the room and there are some really bad and weird people coming in this year. IMO this has been the best auditions ever in terms of entertainment value. I sitll like it when we get down to the good singers though but so far I am enjoying the auditions.

Archived