I was frustrated with Nicole #3 because she seemed too naive and unsophisticated for the character. Part of that was definitely in the writing. It would have made sense for her to be inexperienced in business but she didn't seem to have any hard edges at all.
The storyline where the Cass impostor convinced her to pretend they were engaged so she could access her inheritance had its weak points. It was obviously intended not only to create drama for its own sake but also to give Nicole a sense of intimacy with Cass that he would not feel in the same way.
I think the Nicole of 1983/1984 would have been more sexually assertive with Cass whether he responded or not, and that would have added something to the story. I would have said that maybe it was AIDS-era prudery holding her back but then I remembered the post-Depriest storyline where Cass had a fling with Caroline who was also or had recently been carrying on with Evan who had also been sleeping with Iris.
By
Xanthe ·
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.