American Idol

Toups

• Members

What was up with that cracked out Lil Kim wannabe who looked like a prostitute? I dont see what Paula did to her either bc out of the 3, she's the one that kept her mouth shut and didnt insult her. You know who she reminded me of? Tameka from season one. Ya'll remember her right? LOL

That guy that danced with Paula was cute. I hope he goes far. He has alot of charisma

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally got to catch a full episode!

IA with those that said the judge aspect does seem kind of scripted. A lot of their reactions we have seen before which kind of takes away from it-- but the contestants are still a HOOT to look at!

One thing different this season is that they are actually letting people go that can sing... Before it seemed like they took everyone. I wish the show would focus more on the males though, from what we've seen it is all female once again.

• Members

Yeah I know he was really acting deaf. Some of those people he said no to were great like Randy and Paula said. Good thing you only need at least 2 out of 3 judges to approve you. He was acting very anal though-even more then usual and it seemed like Paula and Randy were picking at him for a long time and then he finally reached his breaking point. I have to say though these audtions are so fun to watch. Its definitely the best ever season of audtions IMO. I know there is alot of uproar over all the insults and it being maybe too cruel but I love it. I love seeing what the judges say when contestants leave the room. I still like when we get down to the best singers but right now I am very entertained.

Yeah the one whose dad is in jail and her mom left her. That story was so sad and I am really pulling for her. She had a great voice. I agree I think its gonna be another female this year. It seems that the males are lacking a bit but we really don't know since we don't really see all thsoe that have made it through.

• Members

I like American Idol but I have to say the judges can be harsh. I mean, everyone thinks they can sing (whether they actually can or cannot) and sometimes they just degrade people. Especially Simon. I just think they should find other ways to tell people they suck at singing then just merely saying words as "horrible" or "atrocious". Lots of people can't even perform in front of audiences let alone the whole country. They deserve to be cut some slack even if they did just waste the judges time.

• Members

A lot of great singers in San Francisco (reppin' the Bay Area :lol:)

Anyway, we still have TWO MORE WEEKS of auditions!! Then two weeks of Hollywood! The Top 24 will be revealed on Wednesday, February 15... geez, I'd much rather see good singers than people just wanting to get on TV

Here is the schedule from The Futon Critic:

Archived