American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think so. Yeah, the guys tomorrow, and then a Thursday results show. I know both tonight and tomorrow are 2 hour shows. Not sure about Thursdays, but I think it's safe to assume we'll be getting at least 5 hours of Idol this week.

• Members

Mandisa OWNED it. Damn, she was good.

Kellie was good ... at times. Not overly great, but okay. Unfortunately, we already have a country sweetheart in Carrie, so I don't see her winning.

Becky was better than I thought. She started out good but I dunno what the hell happened to her... LOL. First beating of the night by the judges.

I do think nerves are playing a factor tonight and there is a lot of pitchiness so far.

• Members

Paris is my American Idol! WOW. I thought she was overated but that performance was my favorite so far. She seemed so professional and experienced as if she's been a singer out there for years. Girl was amazing. She won me over tonight

Stevie Scott. I dont think she was a horrible singer like Simon said. She was just so boring. She just wasnt up to the level as the rest.

I thought Becky Donahue was horrible. Im not a fan of her singing voice and style. She's a pretty face, but she has got to go.

As a matter of fact I think the majority of these girls are completely forgettable. From before, Kellie, Paris, Mandisa and Brenna are the only ones I actually remembered. I think the first three have the best shot at going through bc of that (well I guess from my perspective)

• Members

Paris is by far my fav this year. I hate that they compared her to Fantasia though...why? Because she's black? Because they have raspy voices? Bullsh*t! Paris has class and maturity and talent! Fantasia my ASS!!!!

Kelly Pickler is annoying.

Mandisa wasn't great, but I want to see what else she can do so she better move on!

Alya or whatever was OK. I do like her. I like how she's taken criticism and ran with it. She impressed me.

The twin wasn't good. :( And I like her. :(

• Members

Paris OWNED it too. She rocks. I can see the Fantasia comparisons but she ain't no Fantasia. I never understood the Fantasia love. So she screams and shakes her body and that's considered good? The only time I ever loved her was when she did Summertime, or whatever. That was absolutely fantastic.

Ayla was decent. Better than I thought she'd be. It'll be tight between her and Becky, imo, who goes on to top 12 cause they are both so much alike, at least to me.

Stevie seems to have a personality so her performance shocked me. I thought she started off well but then I dunno what the hell happened to her!

Brenna was absolutely hilarious. I love her. I almost want to vote for her just so we can be entertained each week. I hope she moves on and makes it to top 12.

My picks?

1. Kellie

2. Paris

3. Mandisa

4. Brenna

5. Becky or Ayla

6. Katharine

Oh. Hell.

Heather impressed me. I love her. Not sure what it is but she is endearing.

She could be a darkhorse for the six.... Of course, her singing wasn't all that good, LOL, just something about her...

• Members

LOL..on Brenna. I thought she was going overboard with the poses. She really needed to tone it down.

Melissa just showed a big problem with the competition. How can you make it to the finals and never be shown singing a performance on tv? I think the show is unfairly balanced in that way by showcasing a few contestants and pushing them with airtime while basically ignoring others. I think thats why she's been overshadowed as are som of the other girls.

• Members

I agree Cheap. It pisses me off. Sure the bad auditions are funny but I really think they can do a better job of showcasing more of the talent. I think that hurt some of them last year. Some good ones were dropped.

It's tough though. We've had some really good girls (Mandisa, Lisa, Paris). I think it's anyone's guess who is in the final six.

Melissa was very good.

Gonna be a tough season.

• Members

Yeah, Katharine rocked. Eee. God I love her. She rocked it. She had her moments but overall was great.

Paris, Mandisa and Katharine all stood out to me. I really want those three in the final six. I'm guessing Kellie makes it through. Hopefully Lisa.

The other spot is up for grabs. We'll see...

I wonder how the guys will do. Because IMO, we saw more of the girls in the early rounds than the guys (except Chris, Ace, David). I bet those three make it through if they don't suck badly, lol.

Archived