American Idol

Toups

• Members

Yeah it was and there seemed to be more commercials then usual. Tonight's was by far the most boring. I only liked that belly dancer. The "fake jamaican" was funny and I liked the return of the psychic from last year and that crayz guy that hates Simon. The guy that "growled" rather then singed was entertaining too but other then all that it was dull. I still watched though-hope tomarrow is better. I think the auditions are getting tired-time to move on to the next level and to get going with this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last auditions are Tuesday night and they take place in Boston. Wednesday will start the Hollywood phase where the contestants are all grouped together and then the judges start condensing them. The Hollywood part is always the most intense for the contestants. This is when they start to break down or feel like they want to quit. Tempers run high too because people want to practice with their group but some people screw around and then there are fights and the next day they end up sucking on stage. I can't wait to see this unfold. The audtions are getting tired (although I did love the Randy Jackson twin last night and that embalmer guy had a great voice!!) and I want the actual competition to start which it will next Wednesday. I hope the last auditions on Tuesday are good because last night and this past Tuesday's were rather dull compared to what we got the first two weeks.

• Members

Didn't Ryan say in some press interviews (or the preview for next week, LOL) that Boston gives them some of the best talent? Hope so, cause Austin sure was boring as hell and produced next to nothing. I was just not as involved as I have been in the past few weeks of auditions, lol. Maybe I'm just tired of them?

Can't wait for Hollywood to start, then the Top 24, then Top 12. Woot. LOL.

• Members

:blink:

I know I agreed with you before, but I'll just go ahead and do it again. I don't understand why it all seems so rushed and they are not featuring more of the singers! Plus one minute we see the singer, then they are with a group of people and are in or out, or they are by themselves and are in or out? It was hard to watch!!

• Members

Realitytvmagazine.com has an early favorites poll up and here's the top 5

1. Taylor Hicks - 28% (the 29 year old guy with grey hair)

2. Katherine McPhee - 22%

3. Sway Penala - 21%

4. David Radford - 9%

5. Kellie Pickler & April Walsh - 6%

• Members

And all of those people will make it into the top twelve because they're featured early. It's so not fair. It's one of the ways AI kind of rigs this. The other is having Simon and Randy be biased throughout the competition and having them proclaim their "winner" early on.

Rb, I agree. The editing this year sucks. It's been on for four weeks, and I am still waiting to really get "into" it.

• Members

Yeah I mean I am very in to it and have been since it started but something is different. I mena Wednesday night they cut people so fast and only showed like one or two from every group. Now I realize that next week will be the group singing and then they will have the final cuts to get to 24 I think (which is when they all come up the elevator individually or something and we have the whole dramatic stare down before the learn if they made it) but I would have liked to see some of the other performers. I can understand during the auditions but last week could have featured more performers and less of those two obnoxious twins bashing the other signers and Carrie Underwood.

I have heard alot of people say how its unfair about how only certain people get feautred. I agree but it would be impossible to feature everyone. They really shouldn't feature anyone at all until the final 24 when there is time to feature a bio on everyone and give equal attention. I think another thing to is that everything we until the top 24 is taped ahead so AI already knows who is in the top 24. Therefore, they know who has been consistently we good and who the early favorites might be so that is why they single people out early on since they already know that those people made the final 24. Its not fair but I can understand it. It just means that people need to bring their A-game and do something that catches attention. I don't think its the judges pimping-its just that certain people bring it and others just do well enough to get through. If you bring it the judges will love you and you will be their favorites.

Oh, and about the judges, when they pick their favorites they are usually right (with the exception of the crappy season 3 when Lataya the favorite got knocked out). I mean the audience still has to vote but normally the audience agrees with the judges. I find myself doing that often and if they feel someone is good enough to be there favorite it is their job to point that out so I don't mind it.

Oh well-AI is getting exciting now so it should be fun :D .

Archived