American Idol

Toups

• Members

After watching the auditions I am so surprised! One, the ones that I didn't remember (like you guys were saying about the unmemorable qualities), were EXCELLENT! Now they are my favorites. I hope the show tries at least to turn around "Trends" and give those that, like Simon has says, have been overshadowed and give them a fair chance. Heather McGee was really good. Lisa Tucker was AMAZING! She's definitely a favorite.

Another reason I'm surprised is b/c of the pimping... Obviously McPhee is a favorite. I love her too. But the judges praised her performance out the wazoo and several others IMO were much better!!

Definitely do not think Paris will go far... IMO...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why not, LOL? Just an opinion. I really like Katherine... but really... she did not hit out the park. She rid that performance by her hype and her support, that's it. She certainly didn't end the show off on a high note. But again, Just My Opinion!! :) It will make no difference... the show and the judges are obviously pimping her, and she may deserve it... I do like her after all... but I don't think she was the best.

I really like Mandisa. Hope she makes it far. She reminds me of Whitney Houston.

• Members

It really pisses me off!

I don't know what the judges are talking about. I *LOVED* Kinnik! I liked Katherine too.

I think this season, like season three, will belong to the black female singers. In season three, we had J. Hud, Fantasia (Ugh. But for debate purposes....), and LaToya. And They split the votes so much there were big upsets. This year, we have Paris, Mandisa, Lisa, and Kinnik! It's going to be tough! They're outstanding. I think all four deserve to be in the top 6 females. But I think only two or three will make it. Unfortunately, I think Kinnik will go before the top 12. :(

Who do I Think Should Go:

Becky

Stevie

Heather

Brenna

Who do I Think WILL Go:

Stevie

Heather

• Members

Yeah. They are really pimping Kellie. To me, compared to some others, Kellie paled in comparison. But because she was so pimped and she IS endearing, she'll probably make it through.

Paris, Lisa, Kellie, Katharine and Mandisa all probably make it through. I'm definitely torn on the other spot.

IMO, Stevie is toast. I would venture to say Heather is out too.

Kinnik, Melissa, Ayla and Becky all showed at least a little talent so they're probably okay for next week. Brenna is iffy. Not that great but she sure entertained. Will that be enough?

But of course, all JMO, so anything can happen, LOL.

• Members

That is definitely a huge flaw on Idol. They pimp contestants from the very start while others have no pre-top 24 exposure at all. I think it is complete BS when the judges say that those people who weren't featured early on have to work EXTRA hard to make an impression. So, they have to work blow it out of the park, be better than any past Idol contestant ever while those who were featured every episode before the top 24 can just turn in an OKAY performance? The featured contestants can be judged based on the Hollywood rounds, audition, AND top 24 performance while others only have the one top 24 performance and a fleeting moment before that? :angry:

• Members

Scott was a favorite of mine since the beginning stages but her different style is obviously not going to fly and she did sound bad. Brenna was horrible but her attitude will get her farther. But really she didn't bring it AT ALL!

I like Paris, she's a great singer, but I just don't think she is at a point to represent what the competition is all about. Mandisa OTOH, has the talent and the style. I also think Kinnik was good and is a good representative for what the competition is all about. I hope they both make it far. Honestly I am really pushing for Lisa. She has it all.

• Members

I think Paris was simply stunning in channeling young Gladys Knight, yet with her own flair. In order to win IDOL, I think a contestant must not only be able to sing, they must to able to be a SHOWSTOPPER. Paris came out of what we may have thought was a shell (although I think this girl knew all along of the weapons she possesses and played up the 'sweet little innocent' role) and showed that she could be a stage-commanding diva.

As for those who have such negative comments about Fantasia, have you bothered to check out her debut CD? In the words of the judges, she might just possibly have delivered the best first disc of an IDOL winner, with songs that have resonated with her audiences. The same cannot be said of the other winners. Most of all, she seasons her singing and performances with EMOTION, another trait lacking from the cookie-cutter debuts of the others. Thank God Kelly Clarkson has moved on from that now and come into her own, but Fantasia has done that from the start.

Archived