American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kellie was not bad...hope it will be enough!! I like her, and the song she chose touched me!!

Brenna was "out there". I dont like her much..but then i do sort of like her!! She might go another round..but i dont think she will get into the final Top 12.

I like Stevie. She has a unique beauty and she was ok. However it was too damn soft of singing towards the end of her song. MAYBE she will last another round.

Lisa Tucker is powerful!! I hope she caught on to viewers because she is Top 12 talent.

Paris is a little spitfire but i think she tried to hard. She will make it though.

Katherine was awesome.

Mandisa was pretty good too!! Hope she makes it to the Top 12

Heather might be out.

Kinnik was ok...but i didnt really care for her much.

Ayla was fab!!

There were 5 or 6 that really caught my attention and that i am hoping will go to the Top 12.

• Members

Different strokes for different folks...the people I know love it, although quite a few (me included) have problems with the whole "Baby Mama" thing...but "It's All Good", "I Believe", and "Free Yourself" are true standouts IMO sung with sass, heart, and smoky R&B conviction.

• Members

For those who think Fantasia is so truly awful, who in current popular music do you think is good? I'm not asking in am argumentative manner; instead I'm just trying to gauge whether or not your musical tastes correspond to tthe music Fantasia is good at.

• Members

I still like Fantasia and Rueben more than Kelly. But as Randy stated recently, the winners have to know who the audience is who put them there. Kelly is making pop music for her pop fans. Fantasia and Rueben have made less mainstream music focusing on their R&B influences. If they are happy with the music they make, then great for them. But I never expected them to sell as big as Kelly who is making pop music for a wider audience. Carrie is still my favorite and I expect a long career ahead of her. Her album is a huge seller already.

• Members

I thought David Radford was good! He's unique, what this competition needs. But overall, the guys have all sounded bad. Not poor, but not as "striking" as the women were. This is a problem every season, it's why there seems to be a female winner more than male. All of the guys that could sing good did not sing good tonight.

So far Chris was the best and for once the judges agreed with that!!

• Members

Patrick did a good job. I didn't really like him much at first. Not sure why, but he won me over.

I didn't really think Bucky was all that. David and Will were good, though. I really liked them. Both were extremely likeable and endearing. Sway surprised me. I didn't expect that. The falsetto didn't do anything for me but he did good.

Chris was the best. I like him ten times more than I ever liked Bo or Constantine. I think Chris will win. I definitely do.

IMO, the guys have been much better than the girls. It's gonna be a close competition I think.

Archived