AMC - The Homegoing Celebration

• Members

I've been (half)jokingly saying that I wanted to plan a goodbye party for All My Children. Not some mournful sad protest but a full on Irish wake/New Orleans jazz funeral/celebration of life/old style homegoing. Then I saw this tweet from RPG:

This is what I'm talking about! Let's say goodbye to Pine Valley in a way that would make Agnes Nixon proud! Share your ideas here!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's fine with me! :D As much as I love AMC, I think it would be truest to the spirit of the show and Agnes Nixon if we used the farewell activities to raise funds for charities TBD.

I think it would be great to have various levels of a goodbye blast. Everything from a big party at $10 a pop to an exclusive luncheon for 25, 50, 100 donors. Depending on how many actors could/would be able to donate their time.

I'd want there to be a room where there was a couple of video screens set up playing classic scenes. There should also be drink specials named after various Pine Valley locations. The Goalpost, The Glamorama, The Boutique, The Boarding House, The Unabortion(I don't know what the ingredients would be but it should be red. LOL!)

I also think there should be an AMC trivia contest and an auction. Imagine bidding on a chance to pose for a picture with Cliff and Nina or Jenny and Greg or Susan Lucci and Oprah!

That depends on how drunk you want to get! LOL!

• Members

"Oura gues' speaka iz gon' be Sista Rosemurry Prinz from the Oakdilll Baptis' Chutch."

No, for real. All of the food can be AMC-related dishes. Anything that can be connected to AMC. Kate's banana bread, Tad and Dixie's chicken fingers, Krystal's awful chicken parm, Dixie's poisoned pancakes (eat at your own risk!!), Gabriel and Bianca's pâté that looks like dog food, Erica cranberry juice with booze of your choice, Kendall's weird drinks with wheat germ, Verla's Swedish meatballs, etc.

• Members

Bah, I'ma miss this stuff. :( And the French aren't going to understand why I want to rent a TV, and try and get some AMC so I can cry at the final episode. BAH! One you best turn a webcam if there is a shindig of some kind.

• Members

I will be going to Nexus, where all the movers and shakers go. There will be a party hosted by Juanita Ramsey, a noted introvert who will finally show her face to host the big shindig. Food on the menu will of course be Purdified Chicken, and noted piano player Mark Dalton will be playing music all night long. Carol Burnett will sing standards.

• Members

Get crunk on The Bonkers (have you feelin' like a pampered !@#$%^&*] with a smushed in face *POW!*) then recover in the a.m. with a Hair of The Harold... we could have it at Prohibition. ;)

I think you have a really nice idea here. I'm just scared of crazy people. :ph34r:

• Members

*takes SFK's hand* Honey, look at what you've posted here. You ARE the crazy people. LOL!

In my perfect world, there's a cast and crew reunion dinner the day before the Homegoing. Something low key and private where they don't have to be "on."

• Members

Would you guys want a show? Like a toned down Broadway Cares? A chance for our actors to show their chops. Or would it be better to make this a thing where they sit back and the fans do something for them.

The important thing is to not focus on ABC, Frons, Jamey, Nelson, Hinsey, Sweeney or any of the other haters. It's to celebrate Agnes's vision and how much of it managed to survive in spite of lesser writers.

I guess we need to find a venue able to hold the guests. Too bad Blondies isn't open anymore (#notintendedtobeafactualstatument.) IMO this is the kind of event that should end with a nice big campfire in a park or down by the Pennsylvania Ocean

• Members

Remember when GUIDING LIGHT had their grand "So Long, Springfield!" boat cruise? AMC's actors should do something similar: hit up colleges throughout the country, and thank "the kids" who were a huge part of their audience for so long.

• Members

I would vote NO on any type of full on performance short of the venue offering karaoke to those interested. I'll just do my All My Children impressions. :P

An evening cruise could be nice and the mere mention of that Khan has me picturing marceline in one of those beaded flapper hats like Erica and Carl coked out of his mind like Kim Delaney.

Prayer breakfast?

Archived