OLTL: Discussion for the week of April 25

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow I loved todays OLTL! I thought it was a brilliantly orchestrated episode. Erika Slezak did amazing! Loved the tri contrast between Viki's alters and the way they all came out in the courtroom. Everything flowed so well and it was just a fun, yet sad whirlwind to watch. I give two big thumbs up to OLTL on this one...

• Members

No....in the behind-the-scenes clip ABC posted yesterday, they talk about the set used in today's episode and how is specially created by OLTL Set Designer Roger Mooney for the special Viki episode.

Most of the props used in it were from Llanfair back in the day......left over from each time the show remodeled the set.

• Members

And I gave a huge :rolleyes: to those corny ass wannabe moving lines they gave Viki and Joey and Natalie. :lol: I adore ES and I truly believe that they have done her better in the past. I didn't get that warm glow off of today's episode and I'm "easy".

• Members

In today's episode, what about Tommy? Wasn't that the name of the 4th personality, the killer boy or whatever he was? I wanted to see him too.

I thought it was a nice episode and a nice showcase for ES. Niki was funny the way she was recounting how messed up Viki's kids are.

Anyway, is Ford's marriage to Tess even legal? I don't understand how they can be married.

• Members

Once again, Frank and Ron's campy, gayboy vision for OLTL got in the way of what should have been a powerhouse episode. I'm so tired of these two, I'm actually almost glad OLTL will be gone after the holidays so they can't fack it up anymore.

• Members

I thought it was a fantastic episode, though I've see Erika put in stronger performances just in the last month, as Viki that is. But her Jean and Niki were dead on and I loved them. It was an emotional moment when Viki was saying all the stuff she's weathered and how she only has one life to live. Chills.

• Members

That's just it though... I still enjoy the show but I used to be very Very VERY pleased with it as the mid-'90s DID s/l is my all-time favorite s/l. I admittedly have a hangup about that because all of the subsequent attempts at DID storylines have not lived up to that one and that just disappoints me because I really do want to have that same viewer enjoyment. :lol: I've accepted that that OLTL is dead and gone. Disappointed, but accepted. As I said I love ES (she and RS made such an impact on me during DID I can't NOT hang on in there with this show though I love other characters too) and I agree that an episode dedicated to her is a wonderful gesture. I just feel like we get the Cliff's Notes version of the alters these days and the writing and dialogue for the show in general aren't as rich as they once were. I still dig the show I just think it's had greater moments and it irks me when I feel like they're not living up to the show's full potential.

Archived