OLTL: Discussion for the week of April 25

• Members

The essence of OLTL over the last decade or more is the antithesis of Viki, which is why they so often resort to the camp stuff - Viki's inner life IS OLTL. That is gone. All this camp and hysteria isn't Viki, or Dorian for that matter. It's Tina, and it's Gabrielle, the women Frons basically spat on.

At least they have kept her front and center over the last few years, and I am glad for that.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erika Slezak did a magnificent job! It was sad realizing that after 40 years, this was the last time she'll have a chance to strut her stuff. Roger Mooney did a great job with the alter prison. I'm going to miss my Viki. :(

The one thing that really bugged me was a mistake in the writing for "Jean." "Jean" does not use contractions. That is an indelible trademark of her character. RC of all people should have remembered that when he instructed his staff to start writing this episode. I could've done without so much Tess/Ford. BW talks through her nose all the time to sound "snarky." It's very annoying not snarky. Not looking forward to the sudden creation of a "new" cartoon alter by BW. I'm very tired of RC ripping off Viki's alters just to give BW something "fun and bitchy" to do instead of the character she was hired to play. I hope it's not a copy of 14yr. old Tommy. Her "teen Jess" was painful enough. The difference between Viki's six alters and Jessica's two is that Viki's had a story to tell. Jessica's just have campy stunts to perform.

• Members

EyewitnessNews, thank you so much for posting those YouTube clips. This is the first seeing that show. Just sat here and watched the whole thing before I have to run off to work. ES is amazing and such a class act. It brought it home on how much I am going to miss OLTL.

• Members

Ford doesn't care about Ryder, he clearly would rather have in foster care than with anyone in Jessica's family.

Rex hiring those guys to rough up Jack was a surprise, I really did think Clint did it. It's probably one of the better things Rex has done.

• Members

Yes, I saw Michael Lowry on that commercial. Also, John Rue (Moe) is on a Walgreen's. And, Laura Bonnarigo is on something,

just a bit of an appearance, although I can't remember what that one is

• Members

You have no idea how much I want to hit the writers right now and break Yawn McPain's kneecaps for this. I can't believe they have one of the best actresses on daytime (bar none) having to play this [!@#$%^&*]. I could hurt someone. Is Michael Easton worthy of all this adulation? I mean, truly?!

• Members

This has more to do with Jolie and less Michael Easton, IMO. Everyone gets thrown under the bus at the alter of that couple. I've never gotten the appeal since they always write Natalie like trash when they're together and yet they're supposedly a supercouple because, ya know, I'm trained. Yeah, SH deserves better.

• Members

A pretty good episode after a few slow ones. I wa shocked Rex was the one who hired thugs to beat Jack's ass. Then with Clint waking up and calling out for Dorian. And Aubrey tanding up to take custory of Ryder. A very good episode. I can't wait to see how they write Marty out. I just loved Dorains stipper pole trick line.

Archived