Air out your dirty laundry?

Soapsuds

• Members

Damn!!! what juicy stuff! AMS, I'm astounded at all the crazy you got swirling around your universe. Honey, i'd have needed a truckload of seconals if I were in your world. Mine aren't nearly as good. My brother DID snort cocaine with Joe Cocker, however. I was offered a hit off a joint at a heart concert by a third year med student... I was 15. Talk about contributing to the delinquency of a minor! I wonder to this day if he tokes between patients. And i've told the story before of how I lost my virginity to my best friend's straight brother, had occasional sex with him for about 4 years, then ended up doing the flowers for his wedding. I just saw him last week for the first time in a couple of years. He didn't act wierd or anything. I fooled around with my best friend as well (But not as much as I'd have liked to) and his OTHER brother as well. Not all of it was full blown sex, but I did get to feel up all three brothers in that family (Only had sex with the one), so that was very Brooke Logan, I suppose. Another good friend of mine (who just happens to by a customer of mine as well) found out her husband was screwing his secretary (they ran a home based business) and I guess they had a weekend of passion and hot sex while she was gone to her grandmother's funeral. I was there that weekend working in the yard, and she was out by the pool "posing" with a drink in her hand. I found it odd, but didn't give it a second thought, I don't try to figure out straight people too much. But later on I found out he bought this chick breast implants, and didn't file tax returns for 3 straight years... ended up owing a half million dollars to the IRS. They got divorced, of course... and she went from living in a 6,500 square foot mansion to being on food stamps. She DID, however, throw him down a flight of stairs before the divorce. She's doing pretty well, now. Works for a medical equpiment company, and is making decent money. And my poor mother, talk about a one two soap opera punch... she found out I was gay two weeks before she found out my brother had cancer. needless to say, my being gay was like "Big deal, we got important stuff to handle". So it was easier for me in one respect. But that was hard stuff to handle.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow- I'm so sorry you had to go through all that; that's truly awful.

I know what its like to have family members that refuse to talk about things that have happened within the family and the affect that has on you. I know its obviously not the same as what happened to you, but after my mother died, my father (for whatever reason) thought the best way to deal with this situation was to a. basically pretend it didn't happen and to essentially erase her from out lives (i.e. throwing away all of her clothes, not ever speak about her, remove all photos of her from out house) and b. marry the next person he could find so that we could have a "mother"...umm yeah not great ideas AT ALL.

• Members

And I have been known to do a little evil backstabbing in my day. When I was in my early twenties, the landscape designer at the nursery I worked at used to drive me NUTS. He'd always grab my crotch all the time, aggravate me all the time. Well, he would gossip in front of the rest of the staff, telling us he had sex in the bathroom at the Flower Lawn and Garden show with the straight owner of one of the large stone suppliers in town (this guy was married with kids) SO... about a year and a half after I quit (Revenge is a dish best served cold) I wrote an anonymous letter to that man, telling him that said Landscape designer was going around telling everyone that the two of them had sex at the Flower Lawn and Garden show. About 6 weeks after that, the owner of the nursery decided to ELIMINATE the Landscaping depratment altogether, and he got demoted to my old job! He ended up quitting and getting a better job, though (which pissed me off). But to add insult to injury, I also wrote an anonymous letter to his mother and outed him, and she cut him out of the will!

• Members

I have some, all on my dad's side. My uncle after 35 years of marriage or so, decided to divorce my Aunt & marry his girlfriend that he had on the side. Well, my Aunt still loved him, so they worked out this arrangement to where his new wife would get him during the week,& my aunt would get him on the weekends. That lasted about 3-4 years. Now, my Uncle is back with my aunt & they are going to re-marry.

One of my dad's sister, accused my dad & another brother (not the one above), of molesting her when she was little. Which isn't true, truth is she was more likely molested by one of their cousins, who in turn had been abused/molested by his dad.

Officially, my great grandfather died by being kicked in the head by a horse. But, many in family suspect foul play by my great grandmother. She very shortly after he died, married a rich guy & gave birth to a daughter, of whom we don't know who real father is. Many suspect, she had been having an affair with the rich guy for quite a while & either didn't want my Great Grandfather to know she had been cheating him & got pregnant or she just wanted to run off with a richer guy. My Grandfather & his siblings never would really talk about it.

Then apparantly (we don't know for sure), one of my relatives in the 1930s, ran an underground brothel in Detroit. :lol:

• Members

My father has always had a bad gambling problem which escalated overtime but my mom stayed with him since it was never that bad but a few weeks ago it went too far. A few weeks ago, we came home and I knew something suspicious happened. It looked like all our closets and drawers were went through but I didn't see anything missing at the time. The next morning my mom runs into my room telling me my father stole all her money she had saved in the drawer and asked me to check my wallet. Nothing in my wallet was missing since I hide mine but I had saved over $300 in change in a bucket. That was all gone. He cleaned us out of thousands of dollars because he owed gambling debts. He went to Atlantic City with the money thinking he could win more money. Of course my mother said he could never come back home again. For a few days he stayed with his family in Manhattan then his brother found him a place to stay. He paid me my money back but for now he is giving my mother money every week so we could keep the house and continue to support me while I am still in college. He also stole $5000 from his brother which he is currently paying back also. He will start paying my mother back after he pays out his brother and all his other gambling debts.

• Members

This is the best I can do.

Mom's side of the family is country. By country, I mean hog-raising, Baptist, grits, Grand Ole Opry, southern country folks where the whole family lives within five miles of each other.

One of Mom's uncles was a scoundrel, the no-'count black sheep that everyone has in their families. His first marriage ended in divorce. He was looking to court again. One of his uncles suggested that he go back in the woods and find an uncultured girl that would appreciate him and would cook and clean for him.

A few weeks pass. It's Sunday and all the relatives are gathered on the porch, as that's what southern families were wont to do in that era.

Uncle Wally shows up in his car. There is a girl with him.

She gets out.

His uncle starts singing this.

(Yes, this exact song. It's one by Arthur Godfrey.)

Then he adds, "Boy! I didn't tell you to go that far into the woods."

Regardless, the two married and stayed married until her death a few years ago. He remained the family's black sheep, but it had nothing to do with his wife. Actually, it didn't but she wasn't as bad as he was.

• Members

I'm still searching for words! :lol: All I can come up with is:

-_____________________________________________________________-

I'm not NEARLY as forthcoming as AMS but I commend him for his candor and I'm beginning to think that the cousin thing happens more often than many are willing to admit.

Archived