Air out your dirty laundry?

Soapsuds

• Members

Ha, don't worry boy, you know we love and trust you!

Brings back memories though. Once upon a time when you had to pay for the Internet, I remember how much more chat-based AOL and Prodigy were. There weren't as many websites to visit so the net was more about interacting with other people. I can't remember the last time I was in a chat room or got a random IM from a person who saw that we went to the same college in my profile or whatever. WoST had a good chatroom and SON should follow suit. I think it would make for fewer and less crowded threads, but that's another subject.

Speaking of random IM's, I work in theatre and I was in a rehearsal the other day when a colleague's phone kept dinging every five minutes because of that Grinder app. Live your life, but it was so smarmy. I actually learned about it when I went to a play with a friend who brought his friend. I also had a friend in the show. The FOMF asked if my FITS was gay. I said I'm not sure. He whips out his phone and sure enough...

I was like, "What the hell is that!? Lorrrd..."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grindr is a HOT MESS. My gay friends use it mainly to satisfy desperate sexual urges, which, in and of itself, is pretty gross to me, but I had a profile on it for like twenty minutes, and I got like 10 notifications. Y'all, I live in the country, among bayous and cane fields. It's too easy for any of those guys to find me in real life.

• Members

YES, Mr. Vixen, YES.

Bright Eyes, the Grindr discovery incident was almost 2 years ago, so I'm not that far behind. I do not hook up with dudes, but I adore my gay relatives and friends who do. I just think that random hooking up, gay, straight, or anything in between, is dangerous, frightening, and skeeve. Lately, I've been looking for a second job on Craigslist and under "gigs" for an actor like me, I mostly see postings by men who want to breast feed or rim random girls, or have them star in their X-rated amateur films. I'm as kinky as the next guy, but to try to engage in such behaviour with strangers is really troublesome to me. As my pastor used to say, "There's stuff out there that penicillin can't cure! Govern yourselves accordingly."

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Bumping up the thread again.

This isn't dirty or a big deal, but no one in my real life expect a few friends know!that im (most likely) an atheist. I will pray in public situations out of respect for my family and friends. And I live in a conservative area so I know I'd get loads of hate. Just felt like sharing.

• Members

LOL, I feel ya. I'm an atheist, always have been. I live in an extremely religious little town full of churches and hardcore Christians. One of the first things people ask here when they meet you is what church you go to. I ALWAYS get major side eye when I say I don't go. If somebody asks I'll tell them I'm an atheist, but I don't go around announcing it because the people here think atheists are as bad as rapists and murderers. They'd probably try to perform an exorcism on me. The people in my town are stupid as f-ck.

• Members

I swear we live in the same town. Same problems.

My dad is a teacher at the high school here, which I go to. Luckily he is popular because everyone knows hes a liberal. I get so many dirty looks in history. My teacher (who I adore) is very conservative and loves to point out I'm a no good liberal, kidding. Some of the rednecks go after me though!

• Members

So the guy I like a lot apparently told me again that he is really into his bf(and we can only be best friends) although he doesnt know I know that his bf moved to California without him. No wonder he was freaking out a few weeks ago. Anyways....he either threw his cell phone in anger or it fell like he said off the kitchen counter so he had to get it replaced and lost all his phone contacts. He was freaking out that he couldn't reach me because he didn't remember my number...um....ok...yeah I am just a bff to you...yeah right...

Archived