Air out your dirty laundry?

Soapsuds

• Members

Boo, that's not Nawlins. Not by a long shot. Nawlins has its own drama, but come on down about sixty more miles south, and sh!t just gets crazy.

Let's talk about my dumb 22-year-old cousin who tried to perform a drive-by down my street five years ago and almost shot me in the leg (because his aim was horrible). I won't even tell you about how, in a terrible fit of desperation and frustration, we had sex when I was thirteen and he was fourteen.

Incest? Check.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some gems from my family....

-My father got married to my mother's best friend (who could be Bebe Neuwirth's Australian twin sister, is perpetually unhappy, and complains every moment of everyday) about three months after my mother had died (and no, she didn't have cancer or some long illness where we would have been preparing and accepting her death- she got drunk and fell out of a boat a la Natalie Wood and hit her head and died); He already had three kids and then he proceeded to have three more with second wife. They then divorced and my dad decided I *needed* to be raised with my younger siblings and left me living my stepmother while he up and moved to Hong Kong (I guess this is a good time to establish that my dad and stepmother both work for in foreign service). He's now married to someone who already had two kids and has a child with her that is younger than my sister's daughter (his granddaughter), while my stepmother had another kid from- to be blunt- an affair she had with a man who was on assignment in Australia while his wife and kids when in Canada and has now taken up with a 28 year old.

-My underage sister got picked up in Boston for underage drinking and possession after she drove my car (I was going to school in Boston at the time and her and my brother had come to visit and just sort of never left) into the side of the building and almost killed her friend; she then got deported back to Australia when they realized she had no driver's license, was 19, and had been in America on an expired visa for over two months.

-My cousin got pregnant by her sister's fiancé and ran off to Fiji and got married three weeks before he was suppose to marry the sister.

-My stepmother's sister left her husband and decided she was a lesbian and hooked up with her daughter's teacher

-My other cousin (my dad has four siblings, my mother had three, and my stepmother has three so there are lots and lots of relatives) and her boyfriend live on a commune in the middle of the outback where there are apparently no inhibitions and everyone "lives off the land" and sleeps with everyone (boys and girls).

-At my cousin's bar mitzvah, there was a fight between two my uncles and everyone just sat there and watched till one pushed the other one into a wall and broke four of his ribs and his nose- the police and they both got taken to jail.

-My grandmother had been picked up at least ten times for DWIs and was picked up once in London when she got on a city bus three times over the legal limit, caused a scene, and refused to leave; she had to stay in jail for three days after that incident. She also fell off a gambling bus once.

and those stories are just the ones I could think of right off my head....

• Members

Wow! And I thought my family was soapy just by finding out I had a secret half brother and sister via my father cheating on my mother and having a secret family who lived 3 minutes away from us. When I was 10 years old I was driving in the car with my mother and she goes "Oh you know you have a little brother?" I went "what!" and she told me about my father's double life. Despite that, she stayed with him even though everyone knew he was still with the other woman. It was like the big elephant in the room that no one talked about. A few years after that we find out he got her pregnant again and she had another child. When my mother found out about that, she flipped, took all his clothes out of his closet and threw it in his truck Waiting to Exhale style. I thought she was gonna burn them but the cops came between my parents. And again despite that, they STILL stayed married. It was only a legal thing bc they didnt act like husband/wife. He had his own bedroom and ther was always tension as they didnt quite connect. My mother told me that she did it for me and my younger sister, bc she didnt want us to grow up without a father. I never told her that that was the worse thing she could have done bc I wanted her to divorce and leave him when I was younger. Staying married for the sake of the kids doesnt work. They thought they were doing me a favor but they defiently did not.

• Members

Yeah, my stepmom tried to pull some Waiting to Exhale style stunts too. My favourites were the time she changed all the locks on the doors while my dad was at work and put all his clothes in on front lawn while it was raining, and the time she throw my sister's trumpet at his head and knocked out his tooth.

I guess I should also add that my stepmother could never really decide if she wanted me to be her kid or not- sometimes she demanded that I call her mom and would go on and on about how much she loved me and how she wanted to be be mother in every way that counts and then sometimes she made it very clear that while I lived with her and she took care of me, I was not *really* her daughter; it was insane.

My father is also really old (he's 67) and British and would make us go stay with his relatives in Wales and England for these long extended holidays and I would seriously be scarred by some of these antics when I left there

• Members

I know a priest who's a very close family friend that was sleeping with my younger sister's best friend when she was a teenager. I never trusted the guy and he absolutely disgusted me everytime I saw him after that. My mom, aunts and grandmother love him and my grandma even has him over for dinners when he's in town. When I found out I really didnt want them to have anything to do with him, but I couldnt reveal this secret bc it would cause a big scandal in the church. The family of the girl is close to my grandmother and she'd be forced to tell and I couldnt put her in that position. Plus I didnt want to be the one to break her heart when she realizes this man is such a sleaze and made a fool out of everyone. The girl and her family would be shamed, embarassed and gossipped about by everyone. Her mother is really old fashion and I think would throw her out and shun her. Nothing good could come out of the truth being revealed so Ive kept it to this day. It nearly broke my faith in religion as I dont really trust priests anymore.

Oh and more juice on this girl? When she was 16, her older brother came home and found her having sex in the house. He went to his room, got a gun, pulled the guy off of her and threatened him away. Her mother found out and beat her ass while she was naked following a shower (the mother) and threw her out.

• Members

More...

Another cousin I had sex with when I was a tween (I...kinda did that a lot, with three different cousins) ended up getting arrested on rape charges after he and two neighbors raped a girl in our dead grandmother's living room. The sad thing is that up until that happened (about four years ago), there was always in the deep deep deep parts of my mind that was sort of desperate enough to try to start things up with him again. Some therapy finally cleared all of that sh!t out of my mind. To be frank, I was an incestuous whore from about ages 9 to 13. Never an abusive situation with older relatives, it was just three cousins, two who were a few months younger than me and one who was a year older than me (the shootist with bad aim).

This actually started when I was about six or seven. We had a big ol' family sleepover at my druggie older cousin's house (my first cousins on that side of the family currently range in age from about 53 down to 13...so yeah lol), and they threw all of us boys in one of the back rooms while they smoked their weed in the living room. Well, all of us were anywhere from about seven to twelve years old, and somehow, we got into doing this sex game where the winners topped and the losers bottomed. I lost, so I got paired up with my cousin (the shootist), and....yeah. We did it three times within the weeks after that, then once again years later when I was thirteen, which was a horrible experience because he obviously hated the fact that he was doing it and took it out on me while we did it. Ugh. Just...ugh.

Everybody in my big ass family has some deep, dark sh!t going on that nobody knows about or only some people know about, and sometimes it's stuff that everybody knows about. Nobody knows about my stuff except for the guys involved, and as far as I know, none of them would EVER talk about that to ANYONE, and even now, it's totally awkward when I'm around them because it truly is the pink elephant in the room for us. One grew up to be a gangbanging shooter/drug user. One grew up to be a rapist, and the other one grew up to be a armed robber. I knew how to f!ckin pick 'em.

And I should mention, I have NEVER talked this in-depth about any of this with anyone before. I saw a therapist my first year of college, and we touched on it only a little bit, but I wasn't comfortable talking about it then, so I kept talk about that to a minimum. I'm sure if I were to go now, I'd be much more willing to reflect on it because I'm just starting to realize the effect all of that has has on my life.

I have a story that's basically the exact same as this, and I came out of it feeling the same way you did/do. That sh!t ain't worth it. Do your kids a favor and teach 'em a lesson about being mature enough to know when things just ain't gonna work out.

• Members

it made no sense to me. They made each other miserable and in turn made us kids miserable. The thing is my father was married before my mother and has 2 kids with his ex and they have a great relationship. They are friends and I love her. She always welcomed me into her home and treated me well. Never any drama from her. I prefer being around my dad and his first wife than he and my mom. I never understood why my parents couldnt divorce and just be friends like he was with his ex. They stayed together for a good 10 years when they could have saved themselves alot of trouble by just ending it when things started to go downhill.

well she was 18 and in college when it all went down so I hope he at least has a limit. He no longer is in the town except to visit a few times a year so we dont have to deal with him much.

• Members

Oh I totally know where you are coming from; I spend a good amount of my childhood wondering why my father and stepmother didn't just call it a day and get divorced. All they need was fight and make each other miserable which in turn made the rest of us miserable. I am not joking when I say that one of the happiest days of life was when they decided to get divorced (this was quickly overshadowed by more of my family's dysfunction but I was a happy kid on that day none the less lol) and I didn't have to live with them screaming, fighting, and throwing things at each other anymore.

Archived