AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is really exciting news! I remember when EW did the reunion for AMC the cast mentioned being interested only if it was a primetime series. I love that Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos are involved considering their love of the show and genre. I also like that the writers have strong soap experience via Eastenders. I’m very curious how this cast will shape up. I feel like Eva Larue is a shoo in considering her friendship with Ripa and them specifically mentioning the Santos family. Susan Lucci will obviously be front and center, potentially I could see them at least trying to get Sarah Michelle Gellar as well. 

Considering it is for primetime, I wonder if they would recast any established roles (Bianca for example) instead of going with the Daytime actor known for the role. For the record I’m not suggesting Eden should be recast, I was just using her as an example. 

• Members

They probably will but recasting would be a huge mistake. Bring on new people sure but NO recasts. Any eyeballs on this wants to see the familiar faces. You must have Susan Lucci, without her it's not even AMC. Even if she's in there in a very limited capacity. Hell I'd make Miranda the reporter looking into the feud.

First of all: I'm internally screaming. I wonder if ABC commissioned EW for that reunion week. It just seems...a little calculated that all these other shows were getting zoom reunion moderated by former publicists and AMC gets one with a major entertainment outlet.

I hope this has a season long mystery vibe. That would be neat. But I also hope they don't get too far from Agnes' original vision of tackling social issues.

• Members

Although I can definitely understand the wariness of fans of the show, having people who have a close connection to the show, is, at least, promising. If Dark Shadows can return with many iterations, so can AMC.

Most importantly, I wonder if the soap blogs will keep an open mind, or will they preemptively savage the concept, like the last time?

I guess I should have checked out the Primetime thread first, lol. Ouch!

• Members

Keep in mind that if this does come to fruition (and it’s only “in development” now), it will focus on new characters. Some of the announcements mention a “sprinkling” of appearances by some original cast members. These will be nothing more than cameos. ABC isn’t going to build this show around a bunch of 50 or 60 year olds. They’re also going to likely ignore a lot of continuity in order to service a new story and make the show accessible to more desirable (i.e. younger) viewers.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but those who view this as an AMC revival are going to be disappointed.

Edited by Chris 2

• Members

If the Pine Valley series comes to fruition, I do hope that they will reach out to any of the old cast members and see if they would like to reprise their roles.  I would love to see La Lucci, Eden Riegel, Alicia Minshew back as the Kane clan and their kids.  They could bring back the Santos clan, Maria, Hayley and Mateo and their children. Slowly bring in the Chandlers and the Martins.

• Members

Wet blanket!  But yes, you are correct.  These vets and their characters can’t keep going on in perpetuity, especially in a sequel format (maybe in a reboot).  We have to pray the stories are good because that is key to getting the show picked up and for it to succeed in primetime.  Finally, Susan Lucci needs Special Guest Star billing a la Heather Locklear.