AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole story was SO BAD.  Which was very rare of AMC of that era. It didn't help that Sliver had no real personality.  And her and Jeremy had zero chemistry. Goldie and Dr. Damon Lazzare were cartoonish villains.  A pregnant Erica was even shoot in the stomach.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I don’t think they should have recast Silver. Even though we only saw very little of her, I liked vibe and look of the original actress who played Silver. I saw her eventually becoming a threat to Erica for men, fame and fortune.  Forget boring Jeremy, Silver was needed for the Travis/Erica/Jackson triangle. Silver could have been saved if the writer’s wanted to but they make everything so easy for Erica.

Edited by cassistan

• Members

VHSGoodiesWA, who sometimes uploaded soap episodes, replied to a comment from me saying they took down their AMC episodes (they had already taken down their OLTL episodes) because they are wary of strikes - they also mentioned Pannoni4 is gone due to strikes. 

If any of you have the space or time, please consider downloading all of the videos from classic channels like HamiltonBernique, VintageAMC, or bluerose8508. I am not sure how much longer they will be around.

• Members

I think Louise Shaffer wrote for AMC a while later, around 2000-2002. 

She started her first soap writing gig pretty much right after her stint as Goldie ended, joining the staff of Ryan's Hope around November 1987 and staying with RH until its cancellation.

Edited by Sean

• Members

I'll be honest that I feel a little vindicated. I know a lot of people saw Miranda and AJ as a couple but I never did. I always saw them as a sort of Jenny/Jesse friendship.

There was so much dramatic potential there: AJ, Miranda, JR, Bianca, Marissa (remember her?), Dixie, Adam, & Erica.

I miss Pine Valley so much right now.