AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes agreed and they all were delicious characters. I personally always felt a lot of AMC’s storylines and some characters had motherhood be the root and cause of things. Somehow fitting with the title name.

lmao how come this is my first time seeing this. Amazing, T4p.

A lot playlists have suddenly disappeared right before the Primetime announcement. I saw some post in those Facebook group’s.

• Members

Palmer and Nina was a fascinating father/daughter connection...he was the controlling heinous one..while Daisy would try to keep him at bay (out of guilt for not being in Nina's life).  By 1988/9...Palmer and Nina had a healthier parent/child relationship...though didn't the show try to recreate that vibe with Melanie(lanie)?  

• Members

Help jog my memory on Nina. 

As I recall she was introduced with either an illness (diabetes?) or an injury that was causing her to go blind and required medical intervention, which is how she met Dr. Cliff Warner.  I recall a bit of manipulation by Palmer to either lengthen Nina's illness, or maybe he just suggested that she was too ill to begin a love affair.  However, once Nina and Cliff finally married, I don't recall that there were any lingering effects of her illness.  Did Cliff cure Nina, or was that part of the story forgotten over time?

Also, I remember that Nina got married in the Hamptons.  But, were the exterior scenes supposed to be Palmer's mansion in Pine Valley, or did fictional wedding party travel to the Hamptons for the event? 

Finally, when did those terrifying scenes with Palmer, Daisy and the dogs occur?  Was it Nina's birthday, her engagement, or just a formal party at Courtland Manor.  It had to be before Sybil's murder trial when Nina found out that Daisy was her mother, because didn't Daisy go to the wedding under her guise as Monique (was the last name Gauntiel?).

Edited by j swift

• Members

Nina was said to be sickly throughout most of her childhood and had diabetes. I believe it was something along the lines of appendicitis that put her in the hospital and into Cliff's orbit. The blind storyline came after they already met.

I think the 1980 wedding was supposed to be at Cortlandt Manor.

Palmer and the Dobermans was at a masquerade held for Nina's birthday at the manor in February 1980. EricMontreal, a longtime SON poster, generously posted the two episodes on YT years ago. I hope they're still there.

Monique's last name was "Jonvil."

Edited by All My Shadows