AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

YES!!
But.... 

I went back to try to link the post, and it’s since been deleted.

It was posted on Reddit, andI’ve come to think it was probably just a rumor.
Sorry.

It COULD come to fruition, though; at least a reference.

People still talk about “the well.”

Edited by Pine Charles

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What I find most interesting about the Natalie in the well storyline. Is that it brought in a whole new group of fans while also turning a small group of fans away. I known a few people who felt a story like that didn’t belong in pine valley and found it ridiculous for some many sets of twins to running around all at once a few years later. 

yes, that was my show. Ginger Smith kinda brought some of that magic back in the 2013 Hulu reboot that I adored.

• Members

I don't know...AMC had out there stories before the well story. 

Unlike the Goldie story...this particular story had long term effects (conception of Amanda, Dimitri/Erica, Edmund/Maria/Brooke)..etc.

I do wonder how the 2013 reboot would have gone had it continued?  It had the elements and was coming together when it was canceled.

• Members

This is all true. I don’t know if it was something about the story that was  a turn off or was it the vibe had already changed. I personally didn’t like having Janet/Natalie, Stuart/Adam, and Ted/Tad on canvas all at the same time.  

I personally enjoyed that Goldie storyline at least the first half and Erica being trapped in the mansion.

ohh, I had so much hope for the continuation of Ginger Smith’s AMC. She got the show and proved the perfect Ep going forward.

• Members

When did the show first establish Pine Valley was in Pennsylvania? Because I was watching an episode from 83 where Tad is trying to set Jenny up with a friend of his after her breakup with Greg and Tad says his friend just moved there from Pennsylvania.

• Members

I haven't watched classic soaps in a while and wow the community feel to that Michael Delaney storyline is sorely missed. Relationships, point of views, family drama, holidays feeling like holidays. This is unheard of now and I'm sure never to be seen again between the laziness and covid. 

You would think with the severe budget cuts we would have too much community drama and natural conversations and less BS. Instead we get Sonny and Carly playing soccer mom and dad. 

• Members

Interesting.  Originally, Agnes meant for Pine Valley, USA to be representative of every town in America, even though in her bible she did model it after the mainline of the Philadelphia Main Line.  My first recollection of the show verbally mentioning Pine Valley as a town in Pennsylvania was in the early 90s.

• Members

For years and years, the only thing AMC would say on-air about PV's exact location was that it was an hour's train-ride from NYC, with the nearest cities being Center City (where Foxy's was located, assumed to be Philly) and Sea City (a stand-in for Atlantic City?).

Edited by Khan

• Members

After thinking about Liza and Marian over in the Awkward Returns thread, it occurred to me that in the time I watched soaps, AMC had the most storylines with mothers being heinous or doing something awful to their kids.  

Marian (although I was not watching during the affair with Tad storyline, they referenced it plenty while I was watching).

Arlene

Vanesssa

Mary Smythe

Charlotte Devane

Those are just off the top of my head!